Disabling hardware acceleration

Old April 15th 08, 03:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GRL

Default Disabling hardware acceleration

How to disable hardware acceleration of a Geoforce 8600M GT under Vista
Premium 32 bit?
Thanks.
Giovanni

Old April 15th 08, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Giovanni' wrote:
How to disable hardware acceleration of a Geoforce 8600M GT under Vista
Premium 32 bit?

_____

The drivers for my 8600M GT in a Vista Home Premium notebook automatically
choose one of three operating points, depending on demand - 2D only
(includes Aero operation), 3D low power, and 3D high power. The GPU and the
Memory Clock speeds change (and voltages may also change.) Hysterisis is
provided so that the setting does not bounce back and forth as requirements
change (i.e. a higher setting does not revert to a lower setting until
several seconds have passed.) I would guess that the power settings for
your notebook might lock out the 3D high power operation if you so chose.

If you really mean 'disable hardware acceleration', then to what end?
Disable hardware cursor? Go back to all the capability seen in the BIOS
boot up screen? Is this something you wish to do for trouble shooting (as
you could in earlier MS Windows Operating Systems?) I think you are seeking
an answer for which there is no question.

Phil Weldon

Old April 15th 08, 05:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Phil Weldon wrote:
'Giovanni' wrote:

How to disable hardware acceleration of a Geoforce 8600M GT under
Vista Premium 32 bit?

... Hysterisis is provided so that the setting does not bounce ..

Normally I'm thrilled to see such derring-do in our otherwise lingo
filled and technically dull speak but the poor OP is from Italy and
english is probably his 4th language.

Hysterisis... have you been wharfing around Edinburgh recently?
Old April 15th 08, 07:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GRL

Only my 3rd language...
I'm asking how to disable because many screen capture programs ask me to do
it.
Thanks all.
Giovanni
"Mr.E Solved!" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

Old April 15th 08, 09:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rat River Cemetary

GRL wrote:
How to disable hardware acceleration of a Geoforce 8600M GT under Vista
Premium 32 bit?
Thanks.
Giovanni

Hmm, on XP it is easy because you just run dxdiag and can do it from
there on the display tab. I just tried it in Vista and the bastages
removed it from DirectX10 so I no longer know how. You should only need
to do that if the progs give you issues with acceleration on. I only had
to turn it off for one old Dos game I used to play.
Old April 19th 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Thomas Elser

I am not using Vista, but try running "DXDIAG", there might be a possibilty
to disable DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration.
Just a guess

Thomas