I just got these new drivers...

Old June 29th 06, 01:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default I just got these new drivers...

And I'm absolutely appalled.

What HAVE Nvidia done to a winning formula?

For a start I have to disable the StyleXP theme I use because I can't see
anything in the new drivers - it's all dark. Secondly, I can't find ANY of
the fine tune controls like FSAA or AF etc.

Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down. The old
drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Old June 29th 06, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Danny wrote:
And I'm absolutely appalled.

What HAVE Nvidia done to a winning formula?

For a start I have to disable the StyleXP theme I use because I can't
see anything in the new drivers - it's all dark. Secondly, I can't
find ANY of the fine tune controls like FSAA or AF etc.

Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down.
The old drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

Ah, I see now how to put it back to the old interface. Thank God for that.

Old June 29th 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Danny wrote:
Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down.
The old drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

Ah, I see now how to put it back to the old interface. Thank God for that.

Please share. I installed them for about 1/2 hour - hated the new setup
- and went back to the 84s.

--
"Outback" Jon - KC2BNE

AMD Opteron 146 ) and 6.1 GHz of other AMD power...
http://folding.stanford.edu - got folding? Team 48435

2006 ZG1000A Concours "Blueline" COG# 7385
1980 CB750F SuperSport "CoolerKing"

Old June 29th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Outback Jon" wrote in message
Danny wrote:
Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down.
The old drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

Ah, I see now how to put it back to the old interface. Thank God for
that.

Please share. I installed them for about 1/2 hour - hated the new setup -
and went back to the 84s.

--
"Outback" Jon - KC2BNE

AMD Opteron 146 ) and 6.1 GHz of other AMD power...
http://folding.stanford.edu - got folding? Team 48435

2006 ZG1000A Concours "Blueline" COG# 7385
1980 CB750F SuperSport "CoolerKing"

IIRC, it's in the View drop down menu 'Classic nVidia control panel' or
whatever it says (near the bottom of the menu).
Then, to change it back to the new panel, it's in the last item on the
pop-out menu.

Old June 29th 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Danny" wrote:

And I'm absolutely appalled.

What HAVE Nvidia done to a winning formula?

For a start I have to disable the StyleXP theme I use because I can't see
anything in the new drivers - it's all dark.

This royally ****ed me up until I was able to guess where to click to get
something otehr than black on black. An utter disgrace for them to release
this piece of **** software.

Secondly, I can't find ANY of
the fine tune controls like FSAA or AF etc.

They are there. You have to turn it on. Can't remember exactly how just
now but I did manage to get all that.

Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down. The old
drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

Pathetic, third rate programming.

Old June 30th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Good to see ATi users aren't the only ones suffering with a dumbed-down,
buggy interface. For the next year, expect half the bugs fixed in each
driver release to be meant for the new interface. Choice is good...

Old June 30th 06, 06:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Danny wrote:
And I'm absolutely appalled.

What HAVE Nvidia done to a winning formula?

For a start I have to disable the StyleXP theme I use because I can't see
anything in the new drivers - it's all dark. Secondly, I can't find ANY of
the fine tune controls like FSAA or AF etc.

Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down. The old
drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

Yes your missing something, like a bunch of detailed INFORMATION on all
your hardware...
Old July 2nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
McGrandpa

"Danny" wrote in message
And I'm absolutely appalled.

What HAVE Nvidia done to a winning formula?

For a start I have to disable the StyleXP theme I use because I can't see
anything in the new drivers - it's all dark. Secondly, I can't find ANY of
the fine tune controls like FSAA or AF etc.

Thirdly it just looks absolutely horrible and utterly dumbed down. The old
drivers were much, much better than these atrocities.

Or am I badly missing something here?

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

First, locate the option to set the control panel to Classic style. Then
you can find everything. Second, as with every driver install, you have to
merge Coolbits2 again. Everything IS there in the 91.31 set. And, so far
it all seems to work.
McG.