A8N-SLi RAM SETTING IN BIOS - SUB MENU?

Old April 1st 05, 01:38 AM
3200+

Default A8N-SLi RAM SETTING IN BIOS - SUB MENU?

I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the bIOS to
allow altering the settings for RAM,.

I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?

Jon

Old April 1st 05, 07:30 AM
Paul

In article , "3200+"
wrote:

I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the bIOS to
allow altering the settings for RAM,.

I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?

Jon

Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"

Paul
Old April 1st 05, 08:25 AM
3200+

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "3200+"
wrote:

I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the

bIOS to
allow altering the settings for RAM,.

I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?

Jon

Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"

Paul

Thanks Paul, but I recall it was a menu that could not be accessed until you
hit a certain combination of keys, like CTRL-F1 for example.

Maybe I dreamed it?

Jon

Old April 1st 05, 11:28 AM
RJT

3200+ wrote:

I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?

Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"

Paul

Thanks Paul, but I recall it was a menu that could not be accessed until you
hit a certain combination of keys, like CTRL-F1 for example.

Maybe I dreamed it?

How would Paul know... Was he in your dream too?
Old April 1st 05, 06:17 PM
Paul

In article , "3200+"
wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "3200+"
wrote:

I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the

bIOS to
allow altering the settings for RAM,.

I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?

Jon

Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"

Paul

Thanks Paul, but I recall it was a menu that could not be accessed until you
hit a certain combination of keys, like CTRL-F1 for example.

Maybe I dreamed it?

Jon

First of all, I don't own the board, so my comments are
just general ones.

You want to be in Advanced:Jumperfree_config

Look first at the "Overclocking Profile". That setting or one
with a similar name, if you set it to [Manual], will cause
other settings to magically appear. Asus does that, so a
noob will not get themselves into trouble. When everything
is set at Auto, very few useful settings will be revealed.
As you change the BIOS settings to [Manual], all sorts of
cool stuff will be revealed. Go through the BIOS and
try changing an Auto setting to Manual, and see what appears.

For RAM settings, there is a tool called A64tweaker, that
claims to be able to change RAM settings while in Windows.
I don't know if it changes the voltage or not, but it
should allow experimenting with CAS, Trp, etc. How that
is possible is a mystery, as a DDR DRAM controller should
lose all contents of memory, if the standardized JEDEC
startup sequence for the RAM is respected.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showth...ght=a64tweaker

Paul
Old April 1st 05, 07:22 PM
3200+

"Paul" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you Paul, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Jon