which monitor is better?

Old December 2nd 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
rob

Default which monitor is better?

which one is better

and if you know of any that have around the same specs for around the
same price please let me know.

thanks in advance.
Old December 2nd 07, 10:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

"rob" wrote in message
which one is better

Hrm... Better try that again

Old December 2nd 07, 11:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH

"rob" wrote in message
which one is better

and if you know of any that have around the same specs for around
the
same price please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Neither since both links fail. Ain't Google Grouping grand, uh huh.

Old December 2nd 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
rob

sorry about that

here are the fixed links

Old December 2nd 07, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
peter

peter
"rob" wrote in message
sorry about that

here are the fixed links

Old December 2nd 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

"rob" wrote in message
sorry about that

here are the fixed links

I have a KDS monitor and my gf has a Sceptre X

I'd rate the KDS monitor as *excellent*

But the Sceptre X I'd probably give a *superior* rating to.

Of course we do not have the exact models you've given links to...
but have at least similar models.

With NewEgg you can't go too far wrong though as they will take it back if
you don't like it

(minus a small restocking fee)

Old December 3rd 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

rob wrote:
which one is better

and if you know of any that have around the same specs for around the
same price please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Those links are hosed. This is what I'm guessing you intended:

I don't have any personal experience with either monitor, but their
specs are nearly identical. Customer reviews are similar as well.

The most common complaint about the KDS is that the monitor stand is
poorly constructed and non-functional at certain angles. Some people
complained that the Sceptre has no adjustment, even thought it's listed
at having Tilt.

Both monitors have complaints about light bleed, but that's true for
nearly every monitor out there.

Focusing on the "Cons" sections of the reviews, the Sceptre appears to
have more and more varied complaints, but that's really just a result of
it having 20x the reviews. Overall it has a higher rating.

To sum up, I don't have any personal experience, but going from the
specs and reviews, I would rate them nearly identical.
Old December 3rd 07, 12:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
RK

"rob" wrote in message
sorry about that

here are the fixed links

I have heard of KDS but, not the other one. Wal-Mart had KDS a couple of
years ago, maybe they still do. If so, buy it, try it, easy to bring back if
not happy.

RK

Old December 3rd 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
rob

On Dec 2, 6:52 pm, "peter" wrote:
peter"rob" wrote in message

sorry about that

here are the fixed links

wow thanks that one is better for only a few more bucks i get a better
contrast ratio, dvi cable, and a 3 year warranty. this one wins so far
Old December 3rd 07, 02:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

"rob" wrote in message
sorry about that

here are the fixed links

At least the KDS doesn't LIE about being 1080p.

You CAN'T do 1080p on a monitor with only 1050 lines of resolution.