Canon S820 print quality

Old September 26th 03, 04:26 AM
Dru

Default Canon S820 print quality

I have a Canon S820 printer and have been very happy with the photo print
out quality. However after a very big print job it sat for a while and when
I tried printing again....pew-wee pew-wee!!!!! I have cleaned the print head
several times but the print out is still not the same. The best I can
describe it is consistent very small squares not printing properly. Tried
new cartridges (Canon) and still no go. I ended up buying the printer again
at a clearance price so I wouldn't be wasting the almost $70 worth of new
ink cartridges.
After doing some extensive research....I found a web page that said that
after very big print jobs you should clean your heads before letting them
set.

Have any of you had this same experience? Is there a way not to have a
repeat? I am really needing to do some really really big print jobs. I am a
little paranoid at this point.

TIA

Dru

Old September 26th 03, 05:19 AM
Dan G

You can remove the head assembly and manually clean it, that's worked for me
with my S750. Does it just pop out on the 820?
There's also a cleaning kit that works very well, I get it from
www.inkjetsaver.com

m...

Old September 26th 03, 03:21 PM
Ron Cohen

This doesn't sound like a printhead problem. It seems more like a corrupted
driver. If reinstalling the drivers doesn't resolve the problem with the
original printer, you can do a little problem determination to help isolate
the problem. If reinstalling the drivers didn't resolve the issue, take the
original printhead and use it with the second printer. You may have to
reinstall the drivers for the second printer. Did the problem follow the
printhead? If not, then try the second printhead in the original printer,
did that help? Finally, use the second printhead with the second printer.
Obviously, the last option should work, but one of the previous options
should also have given a clue as to where the problem lies. I haven't
experienced any problems such as this after large print jobs on my s820.
Cleaning wouldn't hurt, but I don't see where it would be of any benefit to
run a cleaning cycle after a large job. If the ink was flowing properly to
start with, the cleaning cycle won't provide any additional benefits.
--
Ron Cohen

"Dru" wrote in message
m...
[...]

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.