FX 5600 eq (albatron)

Old August 19th 03, 06:19 AM
MicGla

Default FX 5600 eq (albatron)

Hi all,

I am having some real problems with a new Video Card I just purchased. The
card is a Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 eq. The problem seems to be that I cannot
run the AGP faster than 2x mode or my games will not run. I receive an error
message that says C++ runtime error and also abnormal program termination. I
returned the card and swapped it out only to find the same problem with the
new swapped out card. My MOBO is a KX7-333 and it does support AGP4. Of
course with only AGP 2x running my games are crap and I get all kinds of
snow or foggy type displays. When I am not running games my graphics are
great. I have downloaded the current driver set from NVidia but it failed to
resolve the issue. Any suggestions? Maybe my MOBo is the problem. Oh, I had
a MX/MX400 Nvidia card before and when I reinstall it all is well. But I
paid alot of money for this new card and I really need it to work. I am
running windows xp pro and I even reinstalled the OS.

Thanks for any suggestions.

mike