Guide Plus quit updating

Old April 17th 04, 05:59 PM
Wayne

Default Guide Plus quit updating

For the past three days, when I download the new schedule, only the local
ABC station gets downloaded. Is there something wrong at my end or at the
GuidePlus server?

I've tried "repair". I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Guide Plus.
During uninstall, I uninstalled the Borland DBE.

BTW, I haven't succeeded in finding any tech support documents concerning
Guide Plus. Is there a good support web site?

Thanks for your help.

Old April 19th 04, 02:58 AM
Michaels

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:59:37 -0700, "Wayne"
wrote:

For the past three days, when I download the new schedule, only the local
ABC station gets downloaded. Is there something wrong at my end or at the
GuidePlus server?

I've tried "repair". I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Guide Plus.
During uninstall, I uninstalled the Borland DBE.

BTW, I haven't succeeded in finding any tech support documents concerning
Guide Plus. Is there a good support web site?

Well I have no answer as to why, but I can confirm that it's not a
problem on your end. On my setup, I get a few more stations than ABC
downloaded but at least half are blank after Wednesday.

- -

To reply via e-mail, remove the "x" at the beginning of my e-mail address
Old April 19th 04, 05:00 AM
Sandy

This program sucks. I still use it because there is really no alternative,
but the updates rarely succeed and usually I have to delete and reinstall
the whole program then run the current download again. A real pain in the
ass, but what's the choice.......?

Old April 20th 04, 12:03 AM
Mike

"Wayne" wrote in message ...
For the past three days, when I download the new schedule, only the local
ABC station gets downloaded. Is there something wrong at my end or at the
GuidePlus server?

I've tried "repair". I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Guide Plus.
During uninstall, I uninstalled the Borland DBE.

BTW, I haven't succeeded in finding any tech support documents concerning
Guide Plus. Is there a good support web site?

Thanks for your help.

Gemstar support, what little there is, can be found on the ATi web
site in the FAQ and maybe a few other docs. Gemstar does even provide
decent contact information.

I have the same problem, lots of blanks in the schedule after
Wednesday. You can bet the problem is on the Gemstar site, I just hope
it gets fixed before Wednesday. Pity there isn't any really better
software available.