Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

Old August 1st 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

Hello People,

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen... it is time for me to present to you the fruits
of my hard labor =D (at 26.5 degrees celcius !)

I thank those that had the patience and the courage to put up with me

Now I shall reward you with nice pictures of the third build.

I haven't turned it on yet... maybe I do that later or tomorrow. The side
panels also need to be attached but that's no problem.

Here are the (50% scaled down) pictures (still quite large ):

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...mPCThirdBuild/

Enjoy and may the force be with you during the call of duty 4 games... cause
you sure gonna need it... once I am back in the saddle ! LOL.

Tomorrow I will probably post pictures of a cleaned up table with the side
panels on the lights on... the pc working etc... and then I will thank some
people in particular as well and maybe write a little review about the
antec 1200 case and the zipang cooler and stuff like that

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old August 1st 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Joel Koltner

Do you know if your Mitsumi floppy drive with the built-in card reader
supports SDHC cards?

I had one of those a year or so ago and it didn't -- which was reason enough
for me to sell it. (Non-SDHC cards only go up to 2GB or 4GB at most.)

Old August 1st 08, 12:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Do you know if your Mitsumi floppy drive with the built-in card reader
supports SDHC cards?

I had one of those a year or so ago and it didn't -- which was reason
enough for me to sell it. (Non-SDHC cards only go up to 2GB or 4GB at
most.)

For me it doesn't matter for two reasons:

1. The flash drive never really worked well... it only worked at the start
and then failed... maybe I should have returned it but I kept hoping that
some day it would work again.

2. The cable was to short to reach the connector on the motherboard which is
now further away... maybe an extension cable is possible...

But I don't need the flash reader really... I bought it mostly for my
digital camera... but it has a special usb cord so I can use that instead...
to transfer files.

Ofcourse having a nice flash drive would be nice...

I don't know much about your question but the front says:

CF, MD, SM, MS, SD MMC

And ofcourse a floppy which fortunately does work !

So that's 7-in-1

Hope that answers your question a little bit ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 1st 08, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Craig Sutton

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Hello People,

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen... it is time for me to present to you the fruits
of my hard labor =D (at 26.5 degrees celcius !)

I thank those that had the patience and the courage to put up with me

Now I shall reward you with nice pictures of the third build.

I haven't turned it on yet... maybe I do that later or tomorrow. The side
panels also need to be attached but that's no problem.

Can't wait for your post reporting that it's not working

Old August 1st 08, 11:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Martijn van Buul

* Skybuck Flying:
But I don't need the flash reader really... I bought it mostly for my
digital camera... but it has a special usb cord so I can use that instead...
to transfer files.

Unfortunately, yes.

--
Martijn van Buul -
Old August 1st 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Lorenzo Sandini

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello People,

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen...

Ladies ? Where, where ?

L.
Old August 1st 08, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Liebermann[_2_]

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 01:31:41 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...mPCThirdBuild/

I like this photo:
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1130.JPG
Lots of band-aids. Perhaps using a big sheet of sticky back kitchen
shelf paper would have been more useful? Other than increase the
capacitance to ground, what are all the band-aids suppose to do? The
wires aren't going to fall out. Nobody is going to see it with the
covers on. The glue will eventually make a sticky mess.

Nice table, but far too easy to scratch. I suggest bigger and more
cardboard to protect it.

Also, I note a #1 Philips screwdriver. That's good for some screws,
but most PC screws require a #2 Philips or 1/4" driver.

Hmmm....
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Lots of air going nowhere. Looks like air goes in through the two
fans on the back. It goes to the CPU base and blown upward by the CPU
fan. If the power supply fan ran backwards, the hot air would go out
through the power supply. However, the power supply fan also seems to
be blowing inward, which isn't going to work. First, the hot air
wants to rise. Second, there's lots of intakes, but no exhaust. Note
that the exhaust port area has to be somewhat larger than the intake
due to the expansion of hot hair. Get and IR thermometer and see if
this mess is going to work. If not, leave the PS fan alone and
reverse the flow of the two rear fans so that the hot air goes OUT of
the box, not in.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old August 1st 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
cside

wrote:

[...]

Now THAT'S funny!

Chris

Old August 1st 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
mpm

On Aug 1, 4:41�pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Lots of band-aids. �Perhaps using a big sheet of sticky back kitchen
shelf paper would have been more useful? �Other than increase the
capacitance to ground, what are all the band-aids suppose to do?

It's flypaper.
They're trying to get the bugs out.
Old August 2nd 08, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch
Venger[_2_]

wrote:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...mPCThirdBuild/

I like this photo:
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1130.JPG
Lots of band-aids. Perhaps using a big sheet of sticky back kitchen
shelf paper would have been more useful? Other than increase the
capacitance to ground, what are all the band-aids suppose to do? The
wires aren't going to fall out. Nobody is going to see it with the
covers on. The glue will eventually make a sticky mess.

[...]

Ouch! What a ****ing MESS! Yikes!

Actually, I think those are ouchless band-aids...

Venger