nView Destroying All My Icon Positions

Old December 12th 06, 02:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Will

Default nView Destroying All My Icon Positions

Is there any option in nView to save icon positions, and if not is there a
third party utility that will save the icon positions so I can at least
recover later?

It is incredibly destructive to my work productivity for all of 100 icons to
get rearranged, and nView is doing this consistently any time I plug in my
second monitor.

nView doesn't do a good job of remember which monitor is primary, which
monitor holds the icons, etc, when I am plugging and unplugging the second
monitor between uses. The primary monitor is a 1920x1200 analog monitor
and the second monitor is a 37 inch Westinghouse LCD on a wall. Because
of nView's bad behavior, I usually use the second monitor unattached to the
system, and then re attach when I need to use the computer to drive a movie.
This in turn gets nView confused, it loses most of its settings, and then
scrambles all icons into a random pattern.

For such a rich application, it is amazing that they cannot get the basic
things right, and at very least not do destructive things.

--
Will

Old December 12th 06, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Spack

Will wrote on Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:58:01 -0800:

Is there any option in nView to save icon positions, and if not is there a
third party utility that will save the icon positions so I can at least
recover later?

http://www.nthelp.com/50/save_desktop_layout.htm

I've used that for years. Both files in the ZIP are from Microsoft.

Dan

Old December 12th 06, 07:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
FeMaster

"Will" wrote in message

the second monitor is a 37 inch Westinghouse LCD on a wall.

How do you like it? Just bought one myself... Have used it for HDTV, but
have yet to connect up the computer to it...

Old December 13th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Will

"FeMaster" FeMaster @ hotmail . com wrote in message
"Will" wrote in message

the second monitor is a 37 inch Westinghouse LCD on a wall.

How do you like it? Just bought one myself... Have used it for HDTV, but
have yet to connect up the computer to it...

It's amazing. Be sure to connect to DVI1 on the LVM-37W1 model, as that is
the only one of the two DVI ports that supports 1080P. DVI2 is 1080i.

I've used it for flight simulation gameplay. I would love to have a
surround system with large panel LCDs surrounding and giving a true 180
perspective.

--
Will