blasted NVIEW *again*!

Old October 29th 05, 02:42 AM
Dan

Default blasted NVIEW *again*!

Again, after a few blissfull weeks, without nview, and the control
panel display properties only displaying one monitor, nview has kicked
in again. (windows are being restored "off screen", things have slowed
down a bit and a few demos refuse to run..)

This is under my XP installation - GFX card is gf6600, drivers are
71.84

I have spent the last hour and a half trying to disable the little
bugger! (every time, it seems to take more tweaking to delete - I HATE
IT, it is so damn buggy)

I have:

Disabled it from the nview control panel, and deleted default profile.
disabled the default monitors on the device list under my computer
properties (dunno why there are three of these)
disabled NWIZ from msconfig startup (and NVCPL, but that
I even tried the brute force job or renaming NVIEW.DLL

However, while nview appears to be disabled, control panel still shows
as "2 monitors", and the device list shows 3 default monitors as well
as my regular monitor - how on earth can I stop this?? a few demos just
refuse to run, unless I only have 1 monitor showing in the control
panel...

Old October 29th 05, 02:05 PM
Dan

And it fixed itself overnight again - ROTFLMAO....