1920x1200 DVI on Any nVidia Cards?

Old July 28th 05, 03:00 AM
Mike Fisher

Default 1920x1200 DVI on Any nVidia Cards?

I have a 23" Sony flat panel that runs 1920 x 1200 resolution. I would like
to get a 6800 Ultra - the card vendor doesn't matter - that will run this
resolution through the DVI. I haven't found one single vendor who specs the
DVI higher than 1600 x 1200. Has anyone used any nVidia card to drive 1920 x
1200 through a DVI port?

Old July 28th 05, 05:35 AM
AXm77

No problems with Dell 2405FPW(DVI)connected to XFX 6800GT PCI-E (SLI).

Old July 29th 05, 12:24 AM
Jon Cortelyou

Technically a single DVI connection does not support 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz. It
requires too much bandwidth over a single connection.

I have Samsung 240T which is a native 1920x1200 pixel display. My nVIDIA
AGP 6800GT card drives this monitor at 1920x1200 @ 52 Hz.

I'm not sure if nVIDIA's DVI output can go beyond the DVI spec and drive a
LCD display via a DVI connection at 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz. Please someone
correct me if what I have said is incorrect.

Regards,
Jon

---

Old July 29th 05, 05:06 PM
brad

I have the same sony monitor, and my BFG 6800GT runs it at 1920X1200 @60 Hz
(or at the very least claims to).

-Brad

Old July 29th 05, 08:54 PM
stubborn

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 02:00:00 GMT, "Mike Fisher"
wrote:

I have a 23" Sony flat panel that runs 1920 x 1200 resolution. I would like
to get a 6800 Ultra - the card vendor doesn't matter - that will run this
resolution through the DVI. I haven't found one single vendor who specs the
DVI higher than 1600 x 1200. Has anyone used any nVidia card to drive 1920 x
1200 through a DVI port?

My Spec:
Chip: Intel P4E 3.2 Prescott @ 3.52 MHz. 1 MB L-2 cache (core voltage
@ 1.392, Thermalright 120 heatsink).
FSB: OC'ed @ 4 x 252 = 1008MHz (factory settings 4 x 200 = 800MHz)
Mobo: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
PS: 520 w
RAM: (1024mb) 2x Corsair CMX512-4000 Extreme DDR SDRAM PC4000 (250
MHz) 3-4-4-8
Video Card: Albatron GeForce 6800GT 256 / 2ns DDR3
Vid Drivers: Tweaks r' Us 76.50's
Video Card OC: 410/1100
AGP: 8x
DirectX Version 9.0c
Fastwrites: Enabled
Side-band Addressing: Enabled
AGP Apertu 128 MB
HDD0: Maxtor 80 gig 7200 rpm DMA 5
HDD1: Maxtor 80 gig 7200 rpm DMA 6
DVD ROM: Liteon LTD-163 DMA 2
DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-1608P DMA 4
Sound Card: Creative Audigy2 ZS w/ Creative 5300 5.1 speakers
OS: Win XP-2
Case: Luan Li alum/435 ATXmed PC61 Fan cooled using 11 system fans
running at 28 dB. 53/27 @ 23 ambient under load.
Monitor: Sony PREMIERPRO 23" Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD SDM-234/B @
1920x1200x60Hz DVI-D (Primary)
Monitor: NEC MultiSync LCD 1850E @ "1280x1024 @ 72Hz" 32 bit color
Analog (Secondary)
Mouse: Logitech MX-Laser 1000 w/ func gaming pad

no problems

Old July 31st 05, 04:23 AM
Esben

nVidia FX540 does the job fine on an HP L2335 1920x1200@60hz