PSU for X1950 Pro (AGP)

Old April 11th 07, 04:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Rand Al'Thor

Default PSU for X1950 Pro (AGP)

I've just had this graphics card delivered. I've understood prior to buying
that it needs a 450watt+ PSU. I've also got one on order - Antec Truepower
Trio 550w. The graphic card box states that it need 30amps on 12v rail. I
looked on Antec's site and the 12v rail is only 18amps. Can anyone tell me
if they are running this graphic card succesfully with one of these PSUs or
am I missing something

Alan

Old April 11th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
vellu

Rand Al'Thor kirjoitti:
I've just had this graphics card delivered. I've understood prior to buying
that it needs a 450watt+ PSU. I've also got one on order - Antec Truepower
Trio 550w. The graphic card box states that it need 30amps on 12v rail. I
looked on Antec's site and the 12v rail is only 18amps. Can anyone tell me
if they are running this graphic card succesfully with one of these PSUs or
am I missing something

Alan

As the name TRIO implies, that particular PSU has three 12V rails each
giving out nominally 18A, making it 54A total. Well more than required.

Old April 12th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Phil

"Rand Al'Thor" wrote in message
I've just had this graphics card delivered. I've understood prior to
buying that it needs a 450watt+ PSU. I've also got one on order - Antec
Truepower Trio 550w. The graphic card box states that it need 30amps on
12v rail. I looked on Antec's site and the 12v rail is only 18amps. Can
anyone tell me if they are running this graphic card succesfully with one
of these PSUs or am I missing something

Alan

The Antec Truepower Trio 550w has 3 x 12v rails, each rated at 18 amps at
max load. The combined amperage should be more than enough to power a X1950
Pro.

-phil

X1950 AGP with 300W PSU? [email protected] General 16 January 27th 07 06:33 PM
X1950 Pro vs. X1900GT Fidelis K Ati Videocards 3 November 9th 06 03:36 AM
x1950 AGP Victor Nvidia Videocards 6 October 29th 06 08:25 PM
X1950 XTX: How long is it? mb Ati Videocards 7 October 12th 06 05:51 PM
Prices on the new X1950 in the US? boe Ati Videocards 7 September 7th 06 07:59 PM