Windows XP error 10 and Nvidia

Old November 2nd 04, 07:28 AM
Docrotcod

Default Windows XP error 10 and Nvidia

Boy I sure hope someone here can help. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2
and using a FX5700, VIA chipset MB. I am getting an error 10 in the device
manager. I KNOW it is not hardware related as I can install a FRESH copy of
XP and the problem goes away. However, I would rather just fix the problem.
I have the latest drivers, latest XP updates, tried the driver cleaner,
reinstall the drivers, bios updates, adjust agp apeture settings, etc. I
really would like to get this resolved as it affects even just web browsing.

Thomas

Old November 2nd 04, 08:22 AM
Friendly Guru

"Docrotcod" wrote in message
Boy I sure hope someone here can help. I am running Windows XP Pro

SP2
and using a FX5700, VIA chipset MB. I am getting an error 10 in the

device
manager. I KNOW it is not hardware related as I can install a FRESH copy

of
XP and the problem goes away. However, I would rather just fix the

problem.
I have the latest drivers, latest XP updates, tried the driver cleaner,
reinstall the drivers, bios updates, adjust agp apeture settings, etc. I
really would like to get this resolved as it affects even just web

browsing.

Thomas

But which version of the Hyperion Drivers (nee 4-in-1) are you running on
that unnamed VIA chipped system board?

In order:
Update and configure BIOS
Install OS Bare
Install Chipset Drivers
Install Device Drivers
Service Patch OS
Install DirectX

Try all that and see if Error 10 goes away.

Old November 2nd 04, 08:33 AM
Docrotcod

Sorry, it is a MSI KM2M motherboard. I will try your suggestions in that
order. Thank you!

Thomas

Old November 2nd 04, 12:59 PM
Roy Mottola

I have a small glitch too, with an FX5200 card which is software related. It
only occurred after installing SP2 and it went away after uninstalling SP2 I
was thinking that it may have something to do with unsigned drivers. Nvidia
is no help at all, but Microsoft is in the process of helping me find the
problem.

Old November 2nd 04, 05:11 PM
CapFusion

Install SP2, XP firewall auto set to enable as default and can prevent some
tool / apps etc from starting.
Try to disable firewall. Look in Control panel for "Firewall". Unsign nVidia
driver should not be a problem.

CapFusion,...

t...

Old November 2nd 04, 08:40 PM
Friendly Guru

"Docrotcod" wrote in message
Sorry, it is a MSI KM2M motherboard. I will try your suggestions in that
order. Thank you!

Thomas

Ah hah! The mystery board is a micro-atx with onboard video and other
olden-tymes stuff.

You might have to live with unenumerated devices, which will show errors,
but actually work.