grrrrr...6800GT 256MB PCI-Ex brands

Old July 26th 05, 08:55 AM
Dragoncarer

Default grrrrr...6800GT 256MB PCI-Ex brands

So I'm all set to buy a Leadtek (Winfast) 6800GT 256MB PCI-Ex. - but my
comp. store has none in stock. Who knows when they'll get more in.

Anywho, any other trusted brands out there you all could recommend? Or
brands to steer clear of?

The other card they have that is around the same price as the Leadtek is the
MSI. I have pretty much no knowledge about MSI - are they good? Trustworthy?
Pros and Cons about their cards?

Any help is much appreciated.

Old July 26th 05, 02:00 PM
Conor

In article , Dragoncarer says...
So I'm all set to buy a Leadtek (Winfast) 6800GT 256MB PCI-Ex. - but my
comp. store has none in stock. Who knows when they'll get more in.

Anywho, any other trusted brands out there you all could recommend? Or
brands to steer clear of?

The other card they have that is around the same price as the Leadtek is the
MSI. I have pretty much no knowledge about MSI - are they good? Trustworthy?
Pros and Cons about their cards?

All cards are pretty much OK.

--
Conor

Old July 27th 05, 01:16 AM
Dragoncarer

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Dragoncarer says...
So I'm all set to buy a Leadtek (Winfast) 6800GT 256MB PCI-Ex. - but my
comp. store has none in stock. Who knows when they'll get more in.

Anywho, any other trusted brands out there you all could recommend? Or
brands to steer clear of?

The other card they have that is around the same price as the Leadtek is
the
MSI. I have pretty much no knowledge about MSI - are they good?
Trustworthy?
Pros and Cons about their cards?

All cards are pretty much OK.

That's what I came to realise in my (misplaced) desperation last night! At
the end of the day, they're made to nVidia's minimum specs so they're going
to do the job. Hell, I currently have an 'HSI' 9600XT!! I've never heard of
this brand - and the card is still running fine, no real problems.
Thanks though!

--
Conor

Old July 27th 05, 01:16 AM
Dragoncarer

"Scotter" wrote in message
BFG has been very good for me last two cards.

They're selling the BFG version of the card I'm after for about AUD200 more!
So....yeah not for me.

Old July 27th 05, 06:52 AM
Scotter

ouch!
I wonder if that is the OC version like I have. Overclocked out of the box.
Worth *some* money more but not $200!!!
--
Scott Swain

Old July 27th 05, 10:44 AM
Dragoncarer

"Scotter" wrote in message
ouch!
I wonder if that is the OC version like I have. Overclocked out of the
box. Worth *some* money more but not $200!!!
--
Scott Swain

Yeah I don't know what's going on. I have a feeling neither do they! They've
also got the Gigabyte model for AUD675, the Leadtek for AUD565 and the MSI
for AUD570.
Oh look, and now the BFG one isn't there at all...maybe I was dreaming it or
something. Or it was from a different site. Whatever. It was too expensive,
I know that for sure .

Old July 27th 05, 02:48 PM
Scotter

I bet this chaos is due to having a bunch of those high end cards still on
the market but now also the 7800GTX's hitting...
So some stores have dropped the price of their 6800 series but others have
not yet.
--
Scott Swain

Old July 26th 05, 01:41 PM
legacy_programmer

I've been extremely pleased with all my MSI components. I think if you
do enough web browsing, you'll find MSI has a very good reputation.
They are good about putting out driver updates, and their components
are well made. I'm running MSI K8N neo4 Platinum SLI motherboard with
MSI 6600GT PCI-e graphics card. Both are well made and my system runs
great. The card even came with about 10 games in the bundle. They
also have an application you can run which will scan their website for
the latest driver and firmware updates, which makes keeping your system
up to date a snap.

Regards,
L P

Old July 27th 05, 01:14 AM
Dragoncarer

"legacy_programmer" m wrote
in message . com...

I've been extremely pleased with all my MSI components. I think if you
do enough web browsing, you'll find MSI has a very good reputation.
They are good about putting out driver updates, and their components
are well made. I'm running MSI K8N neo4 Platinum SLI motherboard with
MSI 6600GT PCI-e graphics card. Both are well made and my system runs
great. The card even came with about 10 games in the bundle. They
also have an application you can run which will scan their website for
the latest driver and firmware updates, which makes keeping your system
up to date a snap.

Regards,
L P

Thanks very much for your feedback - I've since done a bit of web research
and yeah, they seem to be a good brand. Thankyou!

Dragoncarer Wrote:
So I'm all set to buy a Leadtek (Winfast) 6800GT 256MB PCI-Ex. - but my
comp. store has none in stock. Who knows when they'll get more in.

Anywho, any other trusted brands out there you all could recommend? Or
brands to steer clear of?

The other card they have that is around the same price as the Leadtek
is the
MSI. I have pretty much no knowledge about MSI - are they good?
Trustworthy?
Pros and Cons about their cards?

Any help is much appreciated.

--
legacy_programmer

XFX GEFORCE 6800GT 256MB PCI-E Bushmeister Nvidia Videocards 2 July 22nd 05 11:38 PM
SLI 128MB 6600GT or 256MB 6800GT Dragoncarer Nvidia Videocards 10 June 29th 05 12:08 PM
Memory QVL Ðavïd Asus Motherboards 1 April 1st 05 07:26 AM
FS: BFG GeForce 6800GT OC 256MB none Nvidia Videocards 8 October 31st 04 07:12 PM
dual channel ram philip.chadwick1 Homebuilt PC's 11 September 5th 03 11:09 PM