blue screen

Old October 22nd 04, 07:18 PM
Danny Gopie

Default blue screen

Hello all,

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe motherborad. I work
with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb memory. I installed all
bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now when i work with 5 programs, and
its to busy, i get a blue screen, with technical code stuff. etc.

What is generally the origin of this problem? Is it the lack of memory?

Danny

Old October 22nd 04, 07:48 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Danny Gopie wrote:
Hello all,

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe motherborad.
I work with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb memory. I
installed all bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now when i work
with 5 programs, and its to busy, i get a blue screen, with technical
code stuff. etc.

What is generally the origin of this problem? Is it the lack of
memory?

Of /what/ problem?! You've not bothered to enlighten us as to what the
problem is! "Technical code stuff" yeah, very informative. That "technical
code stuff" is the important bit. Without that, how on earth do you expect
anyone to assist you?! And, no, it can be many things, but hardly ever lack
of RAM.

As you expect us to be psychic, the best I can do is point you here
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Locate the error code and read the solution.
lose his marbles?

Old October 22nd 04, 08:49 PM
kony

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:18:17 +0200, "Danny Gopie"
sdfsdfsd#rwsdfsdf.nl wrote:

Hello all,

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe motherborad. I work
with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb memory. I installed all
bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now when i work with 5 programs, and
its to busy, i get a blue screen, with technical code stuff. etc.

What is generally the origin of this problem? Is it the lack of memory?

Yes it is lack of memory... you forgot to include all the
"technical code stuff".
Old October 23rd 04, 12:00 AM
Eli Kane

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Danny Gopie wrote:
Hello all,

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe motherborad.
I work with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb memory. I
installed all bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now when i work
with 5 programs, and its to busy, i get a blue screen, with technical
code stuff. etc.

What is generally the origin of this problem? Is it the lack of
memory?

Of /what/ problem?! You've not bothered to enlighten us as to what the
problem is! "Technical code stuff" yeah, very informative. That "technical
code stuff" is the important bit. Without that, how on earth do you expect
anyone to assist you?! And, no, it can be many things, but hardly ever
lack of RAM.

Miss Tick, if you are bothered by the lack of information from Danny, all
you have to do is either ignore the post, or ask politely for the
information you need to help him solve the problem. Your irritated tone and
sarcastic post was not called for.

Danny, it would be helpful if you provide the technical code stuff on the
blue screen you are getting. In addition, it would be good to tell us which
programs you are running when the problem occurs. Is it always the same
programs, or can it be any mix of programs?

It would also be good to know if you were not having this problem until you
updated the BIOS or installed SP2? Was the problem the reason for updating
the BIOS and installing SP2? The more detail you can provide the better we
might be able to help.

Eli

Old October 23rd 04, 02:11 AM
Mac Cool

Danny Gopie:

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe motherborad.
I work with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb memory. I
installed all bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now when i work
with 5 programs, and its to busy, i get a blue screen, with technical
code stuff. etc.

run memtest all night and call us in the morning
http://www.memtest86.com/
--
Mac Cool
Old October 23rd 04, 07:40 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

sdfsdfsd#rwsdfsdf.nl wrote:

Hello all,

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe
motherborad. I work with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb
memory. I installed all bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now
when i work with 5 programs, and its to busy, i get a blue screen,
with technical code stuff. etc.

What is generally the origin of this problem? Is it the lack of
memory?

Yes it is lack of memory... you forgot to include all the
"technical code stuff".

LOL!! Nice one Dave! ;o)
lose his marbles?

Old October 23rd 04, 07:43 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Danny Gopie wrote:
[...]

My, my, aren't we the sensitive one. There was nothing in my post that was
uncalled for. I'm sick of people who can't be arsed to give us the salient
information, so much so that we have to go digging and playing 20+
Questions. I was helpful - I gave a link where the solution might be
obtained.

lose his marbles?

Old October 23rd 04, 03:47 PM
Danny Gopie

Guys Guys Guys!!, dont fight . I was wrong by not sending all the technical
stuff ok? The thing is it just happenned one time, now it stopped. I am
running, communication server, php/mysql server. Photoshop, flash,
dreamweaver, yahoo msn. But next time when it happens again, im going to
write all the information

I just bought this system, so i just installed all the updates, i dont know
if it will work without the updates. Also yesterdaynioght, the system
restarted, i just went to the kitchen and heared the beep of restarting , so
i didnt saw the screen at that time.

Thanks for all the information

Danny

"Mac Cool" schreef in bericht
Danny Gopie:

Old October 23rd 04, 04:46 PM
kony

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:47:19 +0200, "Danny Gopie"
sdfsdfsd#rwsdfsdf.nl wrote:

Guys Guys Guys!!, dont fight . I was wrong by not sending all the technical
stuff ok? The thing is it just happenned one time, now it stopped. I am
running, communication server, php/mysql server. Photoshop, flash,
dreamweaver, yahoo msn. But next time when it happens again, im going to
write all the information

I just bought this system, so i just installed all the updates, i dont know
if it will work without the updates. Also yesterdaynioght, the system
restarted, i just went to the kitchen and heared the beep of restarting , so
i didnt saw the screen at that time.

Thanks for all the information

Danny

You might also check the Win(XP?) Event Viewer.
Old October 24th 04, 01:15 AM
Shep©

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 01:11:24 GMT There I was minding my own business
and then Mac Cool wrote :

Danny Gopie:

I have win XP Pro on a P4 3.0 Ghz on a Asus p5gdc Deluxe motherborad.
I work with a maxtor SATA 200gb 7200 drive, DDR-2 512mb memory. I
installed all bios updates, SP2 and driver updates. Now when i work
with 5 programs, and its to busy, i get a blue screen, with technical
code stuff. etc.

run memtest all night and call us in the morning
http://www.memtest86.com/

Don't run,"Memtest".Read a good book instead.Way more worthwhile :P

I can thoroughly recommend,"The Art of Conning yourself into
downloading a program you know nothing about to test something you
will never understand and waiting for hours for it to tell you nothing
useful when you could have just put in a good RAM stick and then
defending it as if it were a Religion".
By,"EFF10101AC10" Bad memory location it bytes ;-)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply