HAPPY NEWS: Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz DIED ?!PROBABLY FROM OVERHEAT.

Old August 5th 20, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default HAPPY NEWS: Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz DIED ?!PROBABLY FROM OVERHEAT.

TOSHIBA/INTEL/AMD LAPTOPS WITH RADEON GRAPHICS.

!!! WHAT A JUNK !!!

I've been gaming on it for a couple of months at it already died at 27 ****ing degrees celcius AMBIENT ! LOL.

WHAT A ****ING JOKE.

PIECE OF **** HARDWARE.

DON'T EVER BUY A LAPTOP FOR GAMING UNLESS YOU COMPLETELY INSANE.

I JUST INFORMED MY MOTHER OF THE HAPPY NEWS.

HER LAPTOP GIVEN TO ME IS NOW DEAD.

I AM VERY GLAD IT IS DEAD.

IT WAS KINDA GIVING A LITTLE BIT OF PAIN IN MY NECK from going back and forth to my PC occassional I think and hanging diagonal on my chair.

The keyboard on laptop is also horrible, can't type of ****... and touchpads buttons just get in the way.

I EVEN PUT SOME TOILET ROLL ON IT TO LEVITATE IT FROM THE TABLE for Better air flow ?!

MAybe some of that got in the way but I don't think so.

As reported earlier in other thread.

CPU TEMPERATURES WOULD GO TO 93 DEGREES CELCIUS probably close to a 100 now.

AND GPU 83 degrees celcius !

FINALLY IT ****ING SNAPPED. HAHA PIECE OF ****.

INTEL I HOPE YOU GO ****ING BANKRUPT WITH YOUR ****TY LAPTOP DIVISION... TOSHIBA TOO AND AMD RADEON DIVISION **** YOU TOO.

STOP SELLING THOSE PIECES OF JUNK ALREADY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If it magically comes back alive due to some cold resting I'll let you know !

For now assume it's dead.

Maybe later I open it up to see if there is truely any signs of frying !

I don't smell much though.

:P****

One last possiblity is something wrong with power wall socket but I don't think so... did have a short circuit with another PC but it was old power supply.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

P.S.: THE HAPPY PART IS OFCOURSE: PC'S OBSOLETE MY ASSSSSS ! =DDDDDDDD :PPPPPPP
Old August 6th 20, 12:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

THE LAPTOP HAS COME BACK TO LIFE.

It functioned well yesterday during gaming.

There was some kind of brief power drop.

Not sure what caused, perhaps overheat protection.

Could als be a short dip in eletricity from grid cause neighbours plugged something in.

But for now I am guessing overheat protection.

It could also have been a water dropplet on the keyboard causing a short short circuit !

Anyway this laptop not out of the woods yet, today will be an even hotter day.

I may experiment with some strategical ice placements here and there... hopefully that won't cause any oxidation inside of the laptop but I fear it may be necessary to cool down the air around it.

I have already created 4 double toilet rolls to place the laptop on, cool life-hack trick... not too sturdy but holding for now, cheap to replace if structural integrity of toilet rolls fail lol.

Quite surprised laptop's dont have an elevated stand to improve airflow and prevent dust suck in. I am not sure if it matters much but I do think so....

Finally I may also put a big air fan near the laptop/my body to blow air over the laptop to cool it down even more...

Even the serial port will get to 80 degrees or so, one can burn it's finger on it if not carefull, but pain indicator will make you pull it back... not a problem for now.

Later today especially during the evening it will be the hottest as all buildings in the city start radiating it's acquired heat.

So I am going to put some water in bags, and square things, boxes, maybe even cd cases or floppy disk cases, probably not but the boxes yes... ice cream boxes, launch boxes and I am going to freeze that water in the fridge and then later today pull it out and place it around laptop in an attempt to cool down the air around it...

Yikes... scary day today... some PC's laptop might fry today... maybe not though if overheat protection works well !

Also thanks for the corona joke that's cool ! (Me not smelling laptop sign of corona lol

Bye,
Skybuck ! =D
Old August 8th 20, 11:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Gaming laptop? You need something like this:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo....436302.0.html
It's an inch thick, like old-school laptops.