Asus V3-P5G45 barebone

Old March 30th 09, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Hanseman

Default Asus V3-P5G45 barebone

hi guys,

I was wondering if the Asus V3-P5G45 barebone supports the Intel Q6600
processor. I have searched the Asus website, but i didn't find out...

Does anyone have any links to a review of this barebone??

Old March 30th 09, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Hanseman wrote:
hi guys,

I was wondering if the Asus V3-P5G45 barebone supports the Intel Q6600
processor. I have searched the Asus website, but i didn't find out...

Does anyone have any links to a review of this barebone??

Surprisingly, the Q6600 quad core is missing, but the Q6700 is present.
I can't see a logical reason why the Q6600 would be missing from the list.
It would be little different than the Q6600.

http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusuppor...model=V3-P5G45

http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sSpec=SLACQ (Q6700, in the list)
http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sSpec=SLACR (Q6600)

Manual - motherboard looks like microATX. Power supply is only 300W, and maybe
it is standard ATX ? The computer case is 168mm wide, and an ATX power supply
will use up most of that width. Exhaust fan could be an 80mm.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Bar...ries_P5G45.zip

In the past, non-standard motherboards and weird little power supplies,
made these barebones harder to maintain. So checking that the hardware
meets standards, would be part of my purchase decision. If the power
supply fails, you want to be able to replace it, without throwing
away the computer. If you needed to move the motherboard from this
computer, into another computer case some day, you'd also want to
examine the PANEL header, to see whether it is standard. The "P-LED"
connector is three pins wide, which is likely to require some hacking to
deal with. The LED connectors I have here are two pins wide.

Paul
Old May 1st 09, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Simon Yee[_2_]

Hi,

Unfortunately many people have tried these kind of small form factor.
The Capacitor on these kind of design will wear out very quickly.

it also will not be able to last in terms of durability.

Simon Yee