Upgrade video or processor?

Old June 15th 07, 07:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve

Default Upgrade video or processor?

Need to add $50 to my E520 purchase to get the $350 discount. Choices:

Upgrade processor from E6320 to E6420.

Upgrade video card from Geforce 7300LE to ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

Which would you recommend?

--

You go to a gas station and find the cash register open and the toilets locked.
They must think toilet paper is worth more than money.

....Joey Bishop
Old June 15th 07, 11:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:25:13 -0800, Steve wrote:

Need to add $50 to my E520 purchase to get the $350 discount. Choices:

Upgrade processor from E6320 to E6420.

Upgrade video card from Geforce 7300LE to ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

Which would you recommend?

The right answer is what are you going to do with this pc?
For me, I'd upgrade the video card.
Old June 15th 07, 12:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Steve" wrote in message
news
Need to add $50 to my E520 purchase to get the $350 discount. Choices:

Upgrade processor from E6320 to E6420.

Upgrade video card from Geforce 7300LE to ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

Which would you recommend?

I'd upgrade the CPU under the theory that if you need to upgrade the card
later you'll get a better card retail and it's a far easier and more
practical upgrade.

Also, by getting the faster CPU now you won't have any concerns about
compatibility/BIOS flashes or warranty issues by doing so later.

Stew

Old June 15th 07, 04:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:25:13 -0800, Steve wrote:

Need to add $50 to my E520 purchase to get the $350 discount. Choices:

Upgrade processor from E6320 to E6420.

Upgrade video card from Geforce 7300LE to ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

Which would you recommend?

Without a doubt I would go for the E6420. It's a lot easier to
upgrade the video card later, if you need to.
Old June 15th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Hank Arnold

S.Lewis wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
news
Need to add $50 to my E520 purchase to get the $350 discount. Choices:

Upgrade processor from E6320 to E6420.

Upgrade video card from Geforce 7300LE to ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

Which would you recommend?

I'd upgrade the CPU under the theory that if you need to upgrade the card
later you'll get a better card retail and it's a far easier and more
practical upgrade.

Also, by getting the faster CPU now you won't have any concerns about
compatibility/BIOS flashes or warranty issues by doing so later.

Stew

I agree..... I don't like their choices for video cards. Better to spend
another $100 and get a nice 7600GS based graphics card..
Old June 16th 07, 12:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve

Steve wrote:
Need to add $50 to my E520 purchase to get the $350 discount. Choices:
Upgrade processor from E6320 to E6420.
Upgrade video card from Geforce 7300LE to ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.
Which would you recommend?

Thanks everyone, I'll go with the unanimous decision to upgrade the
CPU. Sure appreciate the input!

--

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

....Yogi Berra

2100/2178ea Video, Processor Or Mainboard Upgrade Eugene Mac Mahon Compaq Computers 8 May 29th 07 02:32 PM
FX5700LE - extremely poor full screen video performance after MB + Processor upgrade Dale Sampson Nvidia Videocards 0 October 5th 05 07:36 PM
Processor upgrade? Newfdog General 3 March 19th 05 08:14 PM
P4T-E Processor Upgrade Great Dane Asus Motherboards 4 December 27th 03 12:58 PM
Processor upgrade? MICHAEL General 4 July 29th 03 12:05 AM