Asus P4C800 Deluxe & ATI 9800 Pro/Do these guys get along?

Old August 1st 03, 03:29 AM
Golgatha

Default Asus P4C800 Deluxe & ATI 9800 Pro/Do these guys get along?

Well the reason I posted this is because I have a problem with loss of video
signal to my monitor using a 9700 Pro.
and I am just not sure it's not some sort of compatibility problem.. The
system locks and then the screen goes black with the monitor going in to
standby.. The only way to get the system back up is to hit the switch on the
power supply, then turn it back on..When it comes back on I get a message in
windows that there is a problem with my 9700Pro drivers.. I have had this
same problem with 3 different motherboards so I am pretty sure it has to be
a bad ATI card..But you just never know..
I was just testing the waters before I took the plunge and bought a 9800
Pro..
I am using Windows XP SP 1 Direct X 9
just incase anyone is interested..
and I have had this problem with Intel and AMD MB's.

Old August 1st 03, 09:40 AM
dave

Well this combo works fine here.P4c800dlx and hercules9800pro.
Stable as a rock.

Cya...

Old August 1st 03, 03:52 PM
Roger Zoul

Golgatha wrote:
[...]

It sounds like a bad video card to me......is it under warranty?

Old August 2nd 03, 12:25 AM
Brian

"dave" wrote in message news:QHpWa.20580$KF1.308695@amstwist00...
Well this combo works fine here.P4c800dlx and hercules9800pro.
Stable as a rock.

I also have P4C800 Deluxe, and have ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro. It is
working fine except the AGP slot is running at 4x. What do I need to
do to enable 8x on AGP? I couldn't find a setting in BIOS like I was
expecting.

TIA
Old August 2nd 03, 02:05 AM
Golgatha

Yes it is under warranty,and I plan on sending it back soon.
One thing I forgot to mention, this problem happens only once in a wile.It
may not happen for a week then out of the blue the screen goes black.

Old August 2nd 03, 08:44 AM
Brian

Thanks for the pointer. It says it is running at 8x under SMARTGART -
but according to ATI configuration tool and according to ASUS Probe
tool, it is running at 4x. Who is right?

Old August 2nd 03, 09:28 AM
dave

ASUS Probe is wrong says 4x here also.Look at your catalyst drivers they
give the right info.
Look under optionsdetails..

Cya...
"Brian" schreef in bericht
om...

Old August 2nd 03, 09:52 AM
TEQ

"Golgatha" wrote in message
newsWhWa.34103$o%2.17870@sccrnsc02...
Just wondering if anyone out there is running this combo and is it working
ok for you?
Drivers?
Problems if any? Thanks

try disabling fast-writes on the smartgart page of the display control panel

Old August 4th 03, 03:20 PM
Dan Spears

I have an Asus P4C800 Deluxe with a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB installed
with the latest ATI Catalyst 3.6 drivers. Have been an Nvidia man for many
many years and read great reviews about the 9700 Pro and 9800 Pro, so I
decided to give ATI a try on my new system. Was the best decision I have
made in a long time. The video card is fantastic. The P4C800 loves it.
Nvidia has a major problem on their hands.

Dan Spears
Atlanta, Ga.
Intel P4 3.0C GHz (FSB 800 MHz)
Asus P4C800 Deluxe (Bio's 1010.004 Final)

1 GB Corsair XMS PC-3500C2 Platinum 2/512 MB @ 2-3-3-6 8 @2.75

TI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB (Catalyst 3.6)

Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Gamer

2 Western Digital 120 GB (8 MB Cache)

Antec True Power 550 Watts
CD-R Burner - Lite-On CD-RW 52x24x52x LTR-52246 Black

DVD Burner - Pioneer DVR-106 Black DVD -R +R

Swiftech MCX-4000B Heatsink with Thermaltake Smart Fan II @4500 RPM

Chieftec Black Dragon Tower with Window and 5 Antec 80 mm fans

Round Vantec 133 Black Cables

Windows XP Pro SP1