Gateway DX430X

Old April 22nd 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lee

Default Gateway DX430X

Well have set up my machine and am getting somewhat familiar with it.
Can't say I am an expert on it yet (grin) but have found my download
speeds are a lot faster than with my XP Laptop from Toshiba. The big
LCD (22") is great. Do have a noise in the computer that I think is a
fan that sounds like a quiet dishwasher but I can put up with it unless
it gets worse. Lack of a parallel port surprised me but then I did not
check that out. Have to use my laptop to connect to my HP Scanner. The
adapter Parallel to USB did not fit the HP connection not sure why. The
computer box is smaller than my first Gateway. Will have to check with
Gateway about EZ Tune for LCD Screen as it is not on my computer. Also
check and see what this "Diskette" thingy (grin) is. From what I gather
it is a backup device. One thing that ticks me off is MS changing the
program for backing up the computer. The program on XP was easy to use
and copied all. Not sure the new one does. When it works keep it. The
change should be a great improvement and not just to change things.
While Vista appears visually improved I am not sure it is. But then I
am no techie and at 67 some things aren't that easy to assimilate. Have
found most of my programs from the XP and a W98 computer worked well.
As did my Cannon 6700D that I had just recently bought. Now I read that
it may not print on both sides (because of Vista) but when I tried it
printed on both sides. Thanks Cannon! As usual cabling provided seems
to be about a foot short I guess they assume everyone has it in a space
of a few feet instead of spread out. But that is my problem and not theirs.

Would I buy it again? Hell yes! The service to buy it was OK and I
appreciated the fact that they held up delivery until they were sure
that it would work right. Have even had an update all ready. All in
all I am having fun.

Lee Bray