A7M 266 Updating

Old August 16th 05, 11:30 AM
Chull

Default A7M 266 Updating

1. I no longer have a floppy drive. I have been unable to find Asus's Live
update. Is it still around? if so where can I find it.
2. The VIA update from the ASUS site has at the most W2K - but XP Pro will
not use that nor the NT driver. Where is the XP version of the 3 in 1
drivers?
Thank you very much

Old August 16th 05, 01:06 PM
Egil Solberg

Chull wrote:
1. I no longer have a floppy drive. I have been unable to find Asus's
Live update. Is it still around? if so where can I find it.

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS/

2. The VIA update from the ASUS site has at the most W2K - but XP Pro
will not use that nor the NT driver. Where is the XP version of the 3
in 1 drivers?

http://downloads.viaarena.com/driver..._4in1_443v.zip

Use the via 4in1 and make sure you don't install the agp gart driver. It is
an option.

Old August 16th 05, 07:25 PM
Paul

In article , "Egil Solberg"
wrote:

Chull wrote:
1. I no longer have a floppy drive. I have been unable to find Asus's
Live update. Is it still around? if so where can I find it.

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS/

2. The VIA update from the ASUS site has at the most W2K - but XP Pro
will not use that nor the NT driver. Where is the XP version of the 3
in 1 drivers?

http://downloads.viaarena.com/driver..._4in1_443v.zip

Use the via 4in1 and make sure you don't install the agp gart driver. It is
an option.

You can also find Asus Live Update, by going here, and entering
"Tools" as the motherboard model number. That will bring up
the tools folder.

http://support.asus.com.tw/download/...Language=en-us

Paul
Old August 17th 05, 12:35 AM
Chull

Thank you both for the helpful info.
Updating VIA with files form VIA or Asus did not work - neither 449 nor 443
worked. I may do a new post about that,
The Live update work like a charm!
Maybe just the BIOS update will calm down the IDE Channels! I can hope!
Thank again

Old August 17th 05, 07:22 AM
Paul

In article , "Chull"
Needed.com wrote:

Thank you both for the helpful info.
Updating VIA with files form VIA or Asus did not work - neither 449 nor 443
worked. I may do a new post about that,
The Live update work like a charm!
Maybe just the BIOS update will calm down the IDE Channels! I can hope!
Thank again

"Chull" Needed.com wrote in message
1. I no longer have a floppy drive. I have been unable to find Asus's Live
update. Is it still around? if so where can I find it.
2. The VIA update from the ASUS site has at the most W2K - but XP Pro will
not use that nor the NT driver. Where is the XP version of the 3 in 1
drivers?
Thank you very much

The VIA 4in1 driver has an AGP GART miniport driver in it.
You have a mixed chipset, with an AMD Northbridge and a
Via Southbridge. If the Via 4in1 offers you the option,
don't install the AGP driver, and see if it works.
Otherwise, maybe you'll need to hack some setup.ini file
in the Via 4in1 installer directory to get it to work.

The 3in1 installer is just the 4in1 installer but without
AGP support.

And what you are experiencing now, is why I recommend against
mixed chipset boards. Like the ATI Xpress200 mixed with a
ULI Southbridge... A mixed chipset means poor support from
both companies.

Paul
Old August 19th 05, 04:45 PM
milleron

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:22:38 -0400, (Paul) wrote:

In article , "Chull"
Needed.com wrote:

[...]

Probably true, but the A7M266 has been a marvelous Socket A
motherboard. Mine's still going strong after four years.

Ron