tutut tututututututututut tutut tut (multiple beeps + no screen)

Old November 8th 03, 08:59 PM
DraguVaso

Default tutut tututututututututut tutut tut (multiple beeps + no screen)

Hi everybody!

I'm having a huge problem with the computer of my sister: when I boot it i
got multiple beeps (tutut tututututututututut tutut tut) and nothing appears
on the screen.
I tried to boot with a bootdisk, but it stays the same thing. Is there
something wrong with the video-card? Or somebody else have an idea?

Thansk in advance!!

Pieter Coucke

Old November 9th 03, 10:22 AM
max

Hi

Reseat the memory, also if try cleaning the contact pins with a pen eraser,
not pencil but pen the blue colour type.. (Be sure you are at the same
ground potential as the memory first electrostatic wrist straps etc...)

If poss try the video card in another PC, and see if an older (if available)
PCI type GFX card works or if the MB supports it an ISA type gfx card, thgey
always work, helps with the process of eleimination....

Try this link: http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/

hth

--
°¤MaX¤°

Cold and silent, soiled face.. I will wash it all away...

Old November 9th 03, 03:53 PM
anc

DraguVaso wrote:

Hi everybody!

I'm having a huge problem with the computer of my sister: when I boot it i
got multiple beeps (tutut tututututututututut tutut tut) and nothing
appears on the screen.
I tried to boot with a bootdisk, but it stays the same thing. Is there
something wrong with the video-card? Or somebody else have an idea?

Thansk in advance!!

Pieter Coucke

Pieter, check for the obvious first, a sticking key on your keyboard, though
normally you would have a display and your BIOS would say keyboard failure
or similar. Then try reseating video card and ram modules as already
mentioned.

Old December 4th 03, 06:15 AM
DraguVaso

it was indeed the video-card that was little bit out of the slot just
putted it in again and everything worked

"Rico" wrote in message
try to change the video card

Old March 9th 04, 07:32 PM
Patibo

Maybe the videocard is not well pressed into the slot, I've had this
before...