A7N8X-Deluxe Bios settings + Amd 2600XP

Old January 17th 04, 06:25 PM
pjwood

Default A7N8X-Deluxe Bios settings + Amd 2600XP

Hi, i was wondering if my settings for the above subject are correct or if
anyone has any 'improved' settings for the setup.

Bios 1001.G
CPU External Freq 166mhz
CPU Multiple Setting AUTO
CPU Freq Multiple 6.5x
System Perfomance Optimal
CPU Interface Optimal
Memory Frequency By SPD
Resulting Frequency 200mhz
Memory timing Optimal

Am running win98SE and using 512mb of Cosair memory.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Pete Wood

Old January 17th 04, 09:04 PM
KB

CPU Freq Multiple 6.5x
I think that's out a bit

Old January 17th 04, 09:45 PM
dino

should be running memory in sync with CPU freq too..may save some grief

Old January 17th 04, 10:40 PM
Nite Rider

Well you would want to make your memory run at 166mhz as someone said before
as your cpu runs at 166mhz. Also the multiplier you have there is wrong, it
should be running at 12.5x not 6.5x, as 6.5x*166mhz=1079mhz while your cpu
should be running at 2083 mhz or 166mhz*12.5x=~2075mhz.

I don't really know what your motherboard is thinking if it set that
automatically.

Nite Rider

Old January 18th 04, 12:56 AM
dino

as nite rider says..depends what 2600..Barton..T-bred..needless to say
pj..more info is required

Old January 18th 04, 04:01 AM
arch

Hi,

This one is for an A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.00 running an AMD 2500 Barton CPU with
PC3200 RAM. Bios is C1007.

At boot, system detect the CPU at 100MHz frequency. Manual says the FSB is
two times this value, therefore, it is detected at 200. I had to manully
push it up to 166 to have it detected as 2500+.

I want to have the following settings:
CPU External Freq 200 mhz
CPU Multiple Setting AUTO
CPU Freq Multiple 10x ( may also be 9.5)
Memory Frequency 100%
Resulting Frequency 200mhz

This will push the speed a bit higher (just slightly 166x11 = ~1870 vs.
200x10=2000) but at least will make Memory and CPU FSB the same.

When I do this and restart it is detected as AMD 2000 ?????
When I make the Multiplier 11x, it gets detected as AMD 3200+.

I am not sure I want to overclock that much at this point. I just put the
pieces together and I am testing...

Some questions:
- Do I need to play with any of the voltages? CPU, Memory etc?
- My RAM says : 2-2-3-5 (it is an OCZ platinum) which field in the BIOS do
these numbers correspond?
- If I overclock to (ultimately say 3200+), can I still keep these 2-2-3-5
settings?

-arch

Old February 4th 04, 11:51 PM
cal

Pete,
Here's what I'm running:

A7n8x Deluxe 2.0, 1007
xp2600/333 tbred
corsair xms 256x2 (512)
XP Pro
400 watt psu

Settings:
CPU Ext Freq (200)
CPU Multiplier Setting (Menu)
CPU Multiplier (11.0x)
Sys Perf (User Defined)
CPU Interface (Optimal)
Memory Freq (100%)
Result Freq (200)
Memory Timing (Agressive)
CPU V-Core (1.700)

Result = 2208 Mhz, Peak Diode Temp around 60c (room ambient around
72f) when testing w/Prime95 amd monitoring w/MBM5

Hope this gives you some ideas!

thecalman

Old February 5th 04, 12:32 AM
cal

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:51:46 GMT, cal wrote:

Pete,
Here's what I'm running:

A7n8x Deluxe 2.0, 1007
xp2600/333 tbred