can't install 5.6 drivers on Win x64

Old June 11th 05, 06:24 AM
Rhonda Francis

Default can't install 5.6 drivers on Win x64

Installed WinXP x64 on wednesday(clean install)and installed 5.5 drivers
without a hitch.
Today tried to install 5.6 drivers. The driver install failed, tried to do
manual install thru Device Manager by selecting the INF and the card shows
up the driver install window. When I complete hardware install, it says
that card did not install. Now I can not get any drivers to install old or
new.

WinXP pro x64
AMD64 3000
MSI KT8 Neo2(6702-E)
9800Pro 128
1 gig 400DDR

Mark
Old June 11th 05, 02:15 PM
Bratboy

Sorry just realized you said 5.5's did work so Im asking about for you and
will post back what I find out.

"Bratboy" wrote in message
. com...
Can you even use 32 bit drivers with win64? I believe I read in one of the
roadmap reports that and x64 driver was next round 5.7 but not sure.

news

Old June 11th 05, 04:04 PM
Bratboy

Was just told yes you do need x64 drivers. Is this the Driver you used ?
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...asp?deptID=894
Any chance x64 does the restore point thing? If by chance you used the
regular driver and not x64's maybe try to restore to before you did the
driver install and then try the x64's. If you haven't already you might want
to post something at Rage3d's forums

. com...

Old June 18th 05, 05:58 AM
Rhonda Francis

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:04:31 -0600, Bratboy wrote:

Was just told yes you do need x64 drivers. Is this the Driver you used ?
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...asp?deptID=894
Any chance x64 does the restore point thing? If by chance you used the
regular driver and not x64's maybe try to restore to before you did the
driver install and then try the x64's. If you haven't already you might want
to post something at Rage3d's forums

. com...

"Bratboy" wrote in message
. com...
Can you even use 32 bit drivers with win64? I believe I read in one of
the roadmap reports that and x64 driver was next round 5.7 but not sure.

"Rhonda Francis" wrote in message
news Installed WinXP x64 on wednesday(clean install)and installed 5.5 drivers
without a hitch.
Today tried to install 5.6 drivers. The driver install failed, tried to
do
manual install thru Device Manager by selecting the INF and the card
shows
up the driver install window. When I complete hardware install, it says
that card did not install. Now I can not get any drivers to install old
or
new.

WinXP pro x64
AMD64 3000
MSI KT8 Neo2(6702-E)
9800Pro 128
1 gig 400DDR

Mark

I reinstalled the 5.4 x64 driver and it worked. And then installed the
5.6 x64 driver and it also installed correctly this time. So I'm just
scatching the head at this point. It would be useful to know why it
happen.

Mark