RADEON 9600 PRO 256MB

Old May 3rd 04, 01:29 PM
Rap

Default RADEON 9600 PRO 256MB

Hey all,

Just a quick question, Is a radeon 9600 pro 256mb quicker than an nvidea
fx5200 128mb?.

TIA
Ellis

Old May 3rd 04, 01:40 PM
Rap

Or could you point me to a card that is much quicker than the fx5200, my
budget is £130 and I'm from the UK.

TIA
Ellis

Old May 3rd 04, 01:51 PM
Clint

Try this site for comparisions:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

Clint

Old May 3rd 04, 02:00 PM
GTS

For £130 I would go for an Nvidia FX5900XT - best bang for the buck IMO
www.dabs.com have a selection.

Old May 3rd 04, 02:28 PM
sooky grumper

Rap wrote:
Hey all,

Just a quick question, Is a radeon 9600 pro 256mb quicker than an nvidea
fx5200 128mb?.

much!

TIA
Ellis

Old May 3rd 04, 03:44 PM
Cuzman

"Rap" wrote in message

" Or could you point me to a card that is much quicker than the fx5200, my
budget is £130 and I'm from the UK. "

Bite the bullet and get a Radeon 9800 Pro:
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-ATI_RADEON_9800_PRO_128MB

Old May 4th 04, 10:52 AM
BarryNL

Cuzman wrote:
"Rap" wrote in message

" Or could you point me to a card that is much quicker than the fx5200, my
budget is ?130 and I'm from the UK. "

Bite the bullet and get a Radeon 9800 Pro:
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-ATI_RADEON_9800_PRO_128MB

And you recommend this because....?
Old May 5th 04, 12:14 AM
I of the Storm

"BarryNL" wrote in message
Cuzman wrote:
"Rap" wrote in message

" Or could you point me to a card that is much quicker than the fx5200,

my
budget is ?130 and I'm from the UK. "

Bite the bullet and get a Radeon 9800 Pro:
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-ATI_RADEON_9800_PRO_128MB

And you recommend this because....?

I think he'll be happier in the long run. However, the 9600 Pro overclocks
like a beast.