Quiet...

Old February 22nd 11, 11:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

Default Quiet...

Is this ATI newsgroup dead?
--
"Look not to the windmill's turning while the ant still burrows." --unknown
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
Old February 22nd 11, 11:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim[_31_]

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

Old February 22nd 11, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 2/22/2011 3:46 AM PT, Jim typed:

Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

So, should we postin AMD newsgroup then even though they are for CPUs
and motherboards/mobos.? Someone should start a new general AMD
newsgroup.
Old February 23rd 11, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gorby[_2_]

On 23/02/2011 12:04 AM, Ant wrote:
On 2/22/2011 3:46 AM PT, Jim typed:

Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

So, should we postin AMD newsgroup then even though they are for CPUs
and motherboards/mobos.? Someone should start a new general AMD
newsgroup.

I still keep looking here. Still believe I get way better performance,
and price, out of ati/amd cards.

[OT]

I'm thinking of building my next PC with an AMD CPU. I've been using
Intel since they came out with the Core CPUs. The latest games don't
need Core i7s. Windows 7 needs less resources than Vista. Smartphones
will get developers writing efficient code (I hope this will then lead
to more efficient code in Windows). Most Linux distros don't use many
resources. The most noticeable speed increase I have had was when I
started using a SSD as my boot device.

I haven't been subscribing to any Intel forums, but may very well have a
look at the AMD one.

cheers
Old February 23rd 11, 01:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Is this ATI newsgroup dead?

Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

So, should we postin AMD newsgroup then even though they are for CPUs
and motherboards/mobos.? Someone should start a new general AMD
newsgroup.

I still keep looking here. Still believe I get way better performance,
and price, out of ati/amd cards.

For me, it was because NVIDIA removed the fullscreen video overlay
feature from their newer cards and drivers a few years ago. So I went to
ATI again.
--
Quote of the Week: "In a battle between elephants, the ants get squashed." --Thailand
/\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)

Quiet PC ? b4 General 10 October 14th 04 09:20 PM
Please help me get my PC quiet Yitz Homebuilt PC's 14 October 10th 04 12:49 PM
quiet hd geo Homebuilt PC's 11 June 17th 04 05:54 AM
quiet please!!!!! steve General 3 March 1st 04 10:56 AM
quiet... SlAyEr Webcams 0 January 15th 04 07:03 AM