Pop Up Alert?

Old January 16th 08, 11:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gobo

Default Pop Up Alert?

Hi there,
I am new in this forum and I wish to know what is going on on my
graphci Card. (geforce 6800GS).
Today, after booting my pc, before I started the new windows session, I
have got an alert windows pop-up telling me that because there is not
much power on the card the system have disable some future on the card.
I have not made anything to my card, I 've just used as I do every
day:working.
I have restarted to test if there was not too much power, but the alert
windows it doesn't not pop-up.
Does anyone know if there is anything to test my card if I have power?

thank for your support.

pin
Old January 16th 08, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Gobo" wrote in message
Hi there,
I am new in this forum and I wish to know what is going on on my
graphci Card. (geforce 6800GS).
Today, after booting my pc, before I started the new windows session, I
have got an alert windows pop-up telling me that because there is not
much power on the card the system have disable some future on the card.
I have not made anything to my card, I 've just used as I do every
day:working.
I have restarted to test if there was not too much power, but the alert
windows it doesn't not pop-up.
Does anyone know if there is anything to test my card if I have power?

Check the external power connection to the card. Remove and reseat or switch
to another free connector. Possible your p/s is slowly failing and
generating insufficient amounts periodically, enough to trigger the warning.
I had this happed years ago with a 9800 Pro and a 350W generic. Worked fine
for a year+, then would generate the warning every so often on bootup.
Replacing the p/s with a decent one cured it.

Old January 16th 08, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gobo

Il /16 gen 2008/, *Augustus* ha scritto:

Thank for your replay, but I have my PSU from just one year.
It is an Enermax Liberty ATL500.
This is my configuration:

Mobo: Asus A8N32-SLI
CPU: Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3800+
Mem: TEAMGROUP 2x1GB pc 3200 2-3-2-5 TXDR1024M400HC2
PCI_Ex: GraphicBoard nVidia GeForce 6800 GS
SATA_1 - Hd (System): Hitachi HDT725025VLA380 (250 GB)
IDE_1,1: Hitachi HDS722516VLAT80
IDE_1,2: DVD/RW Sony 510A
IDE_2,1: Hitachi IC35L080AVVA07-0
PCI_2: Audio Board Echo Audio
Psu: Enermax Liberty ATL500
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002 - SP2 Aggiornato
Case: ANTEC PW160
Monitor: SONY Triniton 220AS 17'

Thank

pin
Old January 16th 08, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Rhodes[_2_]

I had a power supply fail in just under one year. Luckily it was replaced
under warrenty. Before it failed, I noticed the top of my box (where the
power supply is) would get very warm to the touch.

. ..

Old January 27th 08, 06:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_4_]

In article Xns9A3217060B186si3kd9e@localhost, FB Inc wrote:
"Phil Rhodes" wrote in
:

I had a power supply fail in just under one year. Luckily it was
replaced under warrenty. Before it failed, I noticed the top of my box
(where the power supply is) would get very warm to the touch.

I have a similar problem with an albratron 7600 gs and it continues even
though I changed the psu to a new one with more than double the wattage.

The fan on the 7600GS series cards is notorious for the stock fan melting
down. i bet it isnt even spinning in your case.

Mine melted down and locked solid. Replaced it with an after market fan on my
second system.

netKKKop alert Kadaitcha Man Homebuilt PC's 32 September 17th 05 05:28 PM
NAV Alert Mel General 3 August 10th 05 11:44 PM
JUNK ALERT A8N-SLI Deluxe JUNK ALERT Skybuck Flying Asus Motherboards 32 August 4th 05 10:47 AM
TROLL ALERT scary Nvidia Videocards 0 April 22nd 05 12:37 PM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM