My screen turns green!

Old March 10th 06, 03:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Default My screen turns green!

I have Winxp pro SP2 and NVidia Geforce 6600 GT OC (AGP). Whenever I
play games on my computer, after 15 seconds, my screen starts flashing
green and I barely see anything else on my computer. When I exit the
game, the screen becomes normal again. I have the latest drivers. (81.98)

The problem is not the monitor. The same thing occurs on multiple monitors.

My system specs a
Asus (unknown model number) mainboard
Pentium 4 HT 2.4 GHZ
1 GB DDR SDRAM

--
Email:

Old March 10th 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

My guess is your video card is defective
and should be exchanged under warranty.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*----------------

Old March 10th 06, 04:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Does it happen with any game?or,with any particular game?
Check your graphic card.
Also try the microsoft.public.games news group.

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

Old March 10th 06, 05:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Hello, Joe!
You wrote on Fri, 10 Mar 2006 02:17:09 GMT:

J I have Winxp pro SP2 and NVidia Geforce 6600 GT OC (AGP). Whenever I
J play games on my computer, after 15 seconds, my screen starts
J flashing
J green and I barely see anything else on my computer. When I exit the
J game, the screen becomes normal again. I have the latest drivers.
J (81.98)

J The problem is not the monitor. The same thing occurs on multiple
J monitors.

J My system specs a
J Asus (unknown model number) mainboard
J Pentium 4 HT 2.4 GHZ
J 1 GB DDR SDRAM

Had the same problem with an SLI version a while back.
In your performance and quality settings try this;
antialiasing - 8xS
anisotropic filtering - 16x
image settings - high quality
force mipmaps - trilinear