NAV Alert

Old August 10th 05, 12:07 AM
Mel

Default NAV Alert

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not.

HP Pavillion ZE4500 Laptop

AMD 2800
512 Ram
40 Gig HD

When I boot up I get a red X security alert that Norton Ativirus is
not running. When the bootup is complete the message disappears from
the sys tray and I also can verify that NAV is enabled and I also
check in the Control Panel under Security Center and it also shows
enabled there.

It appears to be loading too soon or something
Old August 10th 05, 04:13 PM
bigbear

Yup, that's what it is. NAV is loading before your wireless driver.
Happens to me occasionally on both a Toshiba and HP laptop. A good
workaround is to simply not watch it load

Old August 10th 05, 11:44 PM
Mel

Thanks,

That waht I suspected. Just don't know what changed to make that start
happening now.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:13:59 GMT, "bigbear" wrote:

Yup, that's what it is. NAV is loading before your wireless driver.
Happens to me occasionally on both a Toshiba and HP laptop. A good
workaround is to simply not watch it load

"Mel" wrote in message
.. .
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not.

HP Pavillion ZE4500 Laptop

AMD 2800
512 Ram
40 Gig HD

When I boot up I get a red X security alert that Norton Ativirus is
not running. When the bootup is complete the message disappears from
the sys tray and I also can verify that NAV is enabled and I also
check in the Control Panel under Security Center and it also shows
enabled there.

It appears to be loading too soon or something

JUNK ALERT A8N-SLI Deluxe JUNK ALERT Skybuck Flying Asus Motherboards 32 August 4th 05 10:47 AM
Dimension 8400, video cards, and "fan alert" [email protected] Dell Computers 3 March 2nd 05 02:25 AM
Alert! The FBI installed micro-transmitters on ASUS boards !!!! Bruno Beam Asus Motherboards 6 December 15th 04 11:40 PM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
hdd dying ? Burzek Storage (alternative) 3 January 28th 04 10:56 AM