GA-8KNXP-sli sata (?) bott troubles,

Old April 17th 05, 03:19 AM
amorella

Default GA-8KNXP-sli sata (?) bott troubles,

Hey,

Could anyone help me with this conundorum...? I have connected my 74Gb
Raptor to the Nvidia SATA controller on my board & installed
Windows 2000 SP4 happily, not using the F6 trick as the BIOS fools
the system into thinking it's a PATA drive, so it doesn't need extra
drivers. The drive shows up @ post as IDE Channel 2 Master.

There is no SCSI/SATA boot option in the boot sequence, all the RAID
options have been turned off in the BIOS, the drive is connected to
the right port (SATA 0) on the motherboard. BUT I get this
message...

"Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware
configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check both Boot path &
disk hardware.
Please check Windows 2000 documentation... blah blah"

I've tried unplugging the DVD writters from the primary IDE channel,
no joy.

So guys, any idea where the problem is? I've traulled many a forum
trying to figure it out, but the only other people who seem to be
getting this error message are people trying dual boot systems...

My spec:
AMD64 3500+
GA-8KNXP-SLI
74Gb Raptor
4x512MB PC4000 Ballistix Memory (yes, I know all about the memory
problem, discovered just after ordering )
Geforece 6800 GT

Thanks for the help!

Isobel,

Old April 17th 05, 04:39 AM
Richard Dower

You need to load the drivers, it's that simple...you need the nvidia IDE
drivers to load this up.

news:1504b$4261c7a8$455da0d2$11712@allthenewsgroup s.com...

Old April 19th 05, 02:27 AM
amorella

Thanks! That's turning out harder than anticipated...

Old April 23rd 05, 04:24 PM
JBAZ

amorella Wrote:
Thanks! That's turning out harder than anticipated...

You also might want to try using a newer BIOS from Gigabyte. I had the
same problem but after I updated to the F7R Beta BIOS the SATA drive
gets recognized every time.

--
JBAZ