Detonator Colour Correction Hack C++ CODERS HELP PLEASE

Old October 27th 03, 05:21 PM
mimayin

Default Detonator Colour Correction Hack C++ CODERS HELP PLEASE

Hi. I have a geforce FX5900 ultra and i use the Digital Vibrance setting
because it makes my colours look much nicer. However, certain programs when
run cause it to revert to the default colour settings, command.com does this
as do a few other windows programs. I have tried in vain to create a hack
for this, I found that when the following registry entry (runservices) is
run, the digital vibrance settings are loaded:

rundll32.exe c:\windows\system\nvcpl.dll,NvStartup

So its calling NvStartup() from this dll. So i wrote the following piece of
code which works but only for about a minute then it crashes. If you
compile this and start it, then run command.com you will see the colours
change to default briefly before being reverted back to your digital
vibrance settings. The only problem is that this program falls over after a
minute or two. If anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly
appreciated.

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include windows.h

typedef DWORD (WINAPI *NVSTARTUP)();
NVSTARTUP pNvStartup;
HINSTANCE hLib;

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR
lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
{
SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess(),IDLE_PRIORITY _CLASS);

if((hLib = LoadLibrary("c:\\windows\\system\\nvcpl.dll")) == NULL)
return -1;

pNvStartup = (NVSTARTUP)GetProcAddress(hLib, "NvStartup");

while(1)
{
pNvStartup();
Sleep(1000);
}

return 0;
}

Old October 27th 03, 05:24 PM
mimayin

An afterthought: I suppose what i am really looking for is a detailed
description of what NvStartup() does when its called and how to initialise