close session?

Old October 25th 03, 08:36 PM
Atonage

Default close session?

I have a cd-rw disk that had only 3 small files which I did in multisession.
Never closed it, because i knew I would be adding more files on it. Today, I
needed to copy my windows cab folder from my other computer and install it on
my other desktop. For some strange reason when i installed win98se on this
computer, it made only a small area of the cabs files. None of the drives or
win98_26 folders were copied. When I used E CD software to copy this, I got a
message that it was not closed. Do I want to close it in order to add this new
group. I said NO, and I couldn't do anything, and that message kept appearing.
So the next time I said Yes. It closed and copied all my folders. Now, why
would it ask me that? I thought by my setting up E CD C with leave disk open,
that I didn't have to close it as yet. When i checked the disk in my other
computer explorer, the 3 files I had originally there, are not shown now. Did
they get erased?
Old October 26th 03, 04:18 AM
Mike Richter

Atonage wrote:
[...]

There are two different 'things' to close - the disc and the session.
Which did you close when?

It is generally advisable to quote the error message you get - otherwise
you mislead those who try to help. For example, if the question that was
asked was whether you wanted to create a new volume, everything makes
sense. I have never seen a message from ECDC - and I have been using it
since the first beta - asking about closing either session or disc.

And if you don't mind disclosing the secret, what version of ECDC are
you using?

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old October 26th 03, 08:35 PM
Harri85274

here are two different 'things' to close - the disc and the session.
Which did you close when?

It is generally advisable to quote the error message you get - otherwise
you mislead those who try to help. For example, if the question that was
asked was whether you wanted to create a new volume, everything makes
sense. I have never seen a message from ECDC - and I have been using it
since the first beta - asking about closing either session or disc.

And if you don't mind disclosing the secret, what version of ECDC are
you using?

HI, I had a similar problem when i read your response to this member. Hope you
don't mind me butting in. I have the ECDC 4.01 version which suits me just fine
for my needs. I believe the message that I got was at first about the volume. I
said NO and then the next message saids something like this..not verbatim.."You
have to close your session, if you want to copy the files." I have my setup
that is close session, but leave open, or is it the other way around...sorry.
Well, I needed those files, so I closed it, and the files were copied with no
problems...does this mean I lost whatever little files I had on the disk prior
to this, or would i be able to see them with a program like IsoBuster? Thanks
Old October 28th 03, 10:06 PM
Dave Cohen

I've found isobuster has always allowed me to see and recover files on cd. I
can even recover a cd-r that was written using Direct CD (from my previous
machine). For packet stuff you need to register, but well worthwhile. In
some cases one needs to use a burner rather than a plain cd-rom reader to
make things work.
Dave Cohen