Problems installing second monitor on ATI 1900GT

Old February 10th 08, 05:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
SSI[_2_]

Default Problems installing second monitor on ATI 1900GT

Sorry for posting here but the Vista group could not help me. I have Vista
Home premium with all updates and ATI Radeon 1900 with the latest drivers
I am trying to install a second LCD monitor (the first monitor is a Sony 23
inch and the second is a Getaway 22 inch) and both monitors are connected to
the DVI ports on the card when I try to change settings on the monitors I
get the following error: "The currently selected display driver can not be
used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer
compatible with this version of Windows. The system has been started using
the default VGA driver"

I have the latest ATI driver/software installed (8.1) plus I tried
uninstalling the driver, cleaning with Driver Cleaner Pro in safe mode and
reinstalling however the error remains. In the catalyst control panel there
is nothing I can change to help with this issue. I would be grateful for any
suggestions.

Thanks

Old February 10th 08, 10:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"SSI" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Some more info would help. Is the ONLY thing new the second monitor? The
system worked perfectly fine with your X1900 series card and the Sony LCD?
Are you sure you downloaded and installed the correct version of the 8.1's?
Have you installed the RC of SP1 for Vista on this box at any point?

Old February 11th 08, 01:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
SSI[_2_]

Thanks for the response yes, this is the only new item installed. No
problems prior and when I disconnect it the Sony is perfect as before.
I have not installed the SP1 waiting for the official release nor any new
programs. If this helps any Device Manager sees the Gateway as a generic PnP
monitor however sees the Sony as Sony.
Thanks

"Augustus" wrote in message

. ..

Old February 11th 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"SSI" wrote in message
Thanks for the response yes, this is the only new item installed. No
problems prior and when I disconnect it the Sony is perfect as before.
I have not installed the SP1 waiting for the official release nor any new
programs. If this helps any Device Manager sees the Gateway as a generic
PnP monitor however sees the Sony as Sony.
Thanks

And the specific model number of this Gateway 22"?

Old February 12th 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"SSI" wrote in message
. ..
It is the HD 2200
Thank you

There's 10 different models of HD 2200. Gateway uses a third party program
called EzTune to manage monitor calibrations, roatation and other settings.
You get it from their website

Old February 12th 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"SSI" wrote in message
. ..
I have tried the software, it came with the monitor however no luck.

Try defining a custom resolution with another third part app like
Powerstrip.