Video input problem

Old January 24th 04, 06:28 PM
David

Does it have a scart socket?

Scart socket is a connection on the video recorder.

Old January 25th 04, 12:00 AM
~misfit~

David wrote:
Does it have a scart socket?

Scart socket is a connection on the video recorder.

Sorry, I thought you assumed I had the 'box' with it and was asking if that
had a Scart socket.

The VCR doesn't have a Scart socket.
--
~misfit~

Old January 25th 04, 08:58 PM
David

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Hi gang, I'm new here but not new to hardware. I have a problem that I'm
hoping someone here can help me with:

My Leadtek A280 LE TDH 'My VIVO' (GeForce 4 ti4200) video card will
only give a monochrome picture through the RCA video-in. I've tried
everything I can think of to fix it, it's set to PAL, the colour sliders

are
in the middle, re-booted, re-installed WinFast PVR software and nVidia WDM
driver, still no luck. Any ideas? Any other software, freeware, I could

try?

I paid a bit extra for this card (over the non-VIVO version) as I want to
copy some stuff I have on VHS tape to CDR. I'd love to be able to get it
working.

Thanks in advance,
--
~misfit~

Just a thought what connections are on the video recorder

Old January 25th 04, 10:15 PM
David

http://www.svideo.com

Old January 26th 04, 12:48 AM
~misfit~

David wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
Hi gang, I'm new here but not new to hardware. I have a problem that
I'm hoping someone here can help me with:

My Leadtek A280 LE TDH 'My VIVO' (GeForce 4 ti4200) video card will
only give a monochrome picture through the RCA video-in. I've tried
everything I can think of to fix it, it's set to PAL, the colour
sliders are in the middle, re-booted, re-installed WinFast PVR
software and nVidia WDM driver, still no luck. Any ideas? Any other
software, freeware, I could try?

I paid a bit extra for this card (over the non-VIVO version) as I
want to copy some stuff I have on VHS tape to CDR. I'd love to be
able to get it working.

Thanks in advance,
--
~misfit~

Just a thought what connections are on the video recorder

BNC only. It's an old one but plays fine on a TV. I'm using a BNC-RCA
adapter. As I said, I've tried my lounge DVD player through the RCA input
with the same result (B&W). I don't have an S-Video cable and it would do me
no good for the VCR I want to use anyway as it lacks the socket.

Background The VCR is a portable unit that goes in an over-the-shoulder
carry-bag and plugs into my old semi-pro National video camera (camera is
*huge*, sits on the shoulder (and needs to, it's heavy) and doesn't have
it's own tape mechanism, has 10x power-zoom, auto/manual focus and a whole
host of features). It's old gear, in pristine condition, and works as it
should when plugged into a TV. I can't afford a new camera. And I don't
really want to be lugging the lounge VCR in and out, it has an S-Video
connector but I don't have an S-Video cable so I don't know if it would fix
my problem. Plus the lounge one is hooked up to so much other stuff,
including being hard-wired into a 'people-meter' (I am one of the chosen few
who's viewing habits dictate funding/ratings for TV stations/programmes here
in NZ).

Thanks for your continuing help on this David. Cheers,
--
~misfit~

Old January 26th 04, 12:54 AM
~misfit~

David wrote:
"David" wrote in message

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Hi gang, I'm new here but not new to hardware. I have a problem
that I'm hoping someone here can help me with:

My Leadtek A280 LE TDH 'My VIVO' (GeForce 4 ti4200) video card will
only give a monochrome picture through the RCA video-in. I've tried
everything I can think of to fix it, it's set to PAL, the colour
sliders are in the middle, re-booted, re-installed WinFast PVR
software and nVidia WDM driver, still no luck. Any ideas? Any other
software, freeware, I could try?

I paid a bit extra for this card (over the non-VIVO version) as I
want to copy some stuff I have on VHS tape to CDR. I'd love to be
able to get it working.

Thanks in advance,
--
~misfit~

Just a thought what connections are on the video recorder

http://www.svideo.com

I'm broke mate, on an invalid's benefit. It's a struggle to pay the
electricity and internet bills each month. I simply can't afford to buy
something which may or may not work (unless I have a wind-fall, not common).

I just can't see why my card doesn't work the way it's supposed to and was
hoping for a software/driver fix. Looks like I'm out of luck.

Thanks anyway.
--
~misfit~