Refresh Rate Overrides for OpenGL?

Old July 5th 03, 12:32 AM
\(\) \(\)

Default Refresh Rate Overrides for OpenGL?

I know you can override refresh rates for direct3d but I don't see any
settings to override it for OpenGL. I'm using the latest drivers.
Half-Life runs so much better in OpenGL but it's only at a painful 60Hz

Old July 5th 03, 12:50 AM
Shep©

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:32:34 -0400, In this world we created "\(\)
\(\)" wrote :

I know you can override refresh rates for direct3d but I don't see any
settings to override it for OpenGL. I'm using the latest drivers.
Half-Life runs so much better in OpenGL but it's only at a painful 60Hz

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/026447.html
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old July 5th 03, 05:54 AM
Strontium

Have you tried Re-Force? I don't have any OGL games, so I wouldn't know
if it only works for D3D, or not.

-
() () stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

I know you can override refresh rates for direct3d but I don't see any
settings to override it for OpenGL. I'm using the latest drivers.
Half-Life runs so much better in OpenGL but it's only at a painful
60Hz

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

Old July 5th 03, 04:11 PM
Strontium

Welcome to the wonderful world of WinBlows... Actually, ReForce is not so
bad. It's just an executable that you run, once, make settings, then
close. It doesn't have to be running, once you make your preferred
refresh rates for various resolutions.

-
() () stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

That's lame so now I have to use some third party software :-(

Old July 5th 03, 08:11 PM
Strontium

Maybe that's a newer version. I just get the message that the settings
will take effect on change of monitor settings, or reboot. Let me know.
The version that I have, just makes the changes, then you can quit the
application. It's a fairly small program. So, I'll be happy to send it
to you if the version you have requires being 'running'.

-
() () stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Really because it a little dialog box comes up saying you need to
check "minimize to task bar on close" when I screw around with
refresh rates. I'll see if it works without it.

Old July 7th 03, 06:26 AM
\(\) \(\)

RivaTuner v2.0 Release Candidate 12.4
And the settings will not stay, it goes back to 60 hertz so I guess it's an
old version. Which version do you have?

"Strontium" wrote in message
Have you tried Re-Force? I don't have any OGL games, so I wouldn't
know if it only works for D3D, or not.

-
() () stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

I know you can override refresh rates for direct3d but I don't see
any settings to override it for OpenGL. I'm using the latest
drivers. Half-Life runs so much better in OpenGL but it's only at a
painful 60Hz

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

The latest version is a run onec exec that alters a few things

permenantly,
you can trash it afterwards if you need to as it will no longer be needed,

it
does not run in the background again.

HTH

--
Mark
Twixt hill and high water.

Old July 7th 03, 10:42 AM
Daniel Crichton

Strontium wrote:
I'm using REFORCE, not Riva Tuner. Check it out

The site for Reforce is http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

I have found that it doesn't appear to work when DualView is enabled, in
which case you may need to run Refreshlock instead -
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/ - unlock Reforce, Refreshlock is left
running all the time to override the rate as needed.

Dan