ATI (Under AMD) - Has Lost Perspective - "Of Who Their Clients Are" !!!

Old June 2nd 07, 01:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GTD[_2_]

Default ATI (Under AMD) - Has Lost Perspective - "Of Who Their ClientsAre" !!!

suffersfools wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:11:37 GMT, "Strutter"
Who uses windows 2000 in this day and age anyway? You are part of the
minority still living in the dark ages.

Windows2k is WindowsXP.

The real question is: why would you buy the same operating system
with a lock on it's installation routine that you have to phone up
billy and ask permission to reload it on your new hardware ?

If you knew wtf you were doing, you wouldn't have to call. You install
the ****ing OS with the CDkey provided, and that's it. Unless you're
changing out half your system every couple of months, and then, it's
just a toll-free phone call. I can't believe the lamers that bitch about
that phone call. What a bunch of babies. .
Old June 2nd 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Michel R. Carleer

"GTD" wrote in message
suffersfools wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:11:37 GMT, "Strutter"
Who uses windows 2000 in this day and age anyway? You are part of the
minority still living in the dark ages.

Windows2k is WindowsXP. The real question is: why would you buy the same
operating system
with a lock on it's installation routine that you have to phone up
billy and ask permission to reload it on your new hardware ?

If you knew wtf you were doing, you wouldn't have to call. You install the
****ing OS with the CDkey provided, and that's it. Unless you're changing
out half your system every couple of months, and then, it's just a
toll-free phone call. I can't believe the lamers that bitch about that
phone call. What a bunch of babies. .

Did you ever try to phone at 7pm from home after having to replace a HDD
because your current one stopped working?
And next day from home, try to phone at 7pm or later again, and so on?
I finally gave up and used a corporate pirated key. Simply because I could
not get to microsoft outside of the working hours for my perfectly legal XP
professional copy.
Try to understand each situation before beeing agressive, man! Or am I
supposed not to use Windows at home?

Old June 2nd 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Strutter[_2_]

"Michel R. Carleer" wrote in message

"GTD" wrote in message
suffersfools wrote:
[...]

I have completely updated my system twice sinve buying Vista, and each time
i have called the toll free number at around 7 - 8pm and my call is answered
instantly.
This is the best call up system I have experianced, I have to say it's a
credit to microsoft, although I'm not a microsoft fanboy by any means!
As for XP, I just installed it with the CD key, activated it through the net
and it worked fine, i never had to call up for activation....

Old June 2nd 07, 06:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
knoppix@luvs_u

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:15:33 GMT, "Strutter"
wrote:

I have a copy of windows 2k pro, and it is more like an advanced version of
Windows ME to me...it is completely different to XP!

ROTFLMAO

Lead them to water, can't make them drink

Old June 2nd 07, 10:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Shawk

"GTD" wrote in message
suffersfools wrote:
[...]

Don't have Vista, I have XP pro. I upgrade (or fiddle) a lot and have
re-installed too many times for automatic activation. I've now phoned
three times at various times including weekends and late at night (I
have a full-time demanding job) and have never had an issue - usually
sorted within a minute or two. If it makes a difference I'm in the UK
Old June 2nd 07, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GTD[_2_]

Michel R. Carleer wrote:
"GTD" wrote in message
suffersfools wrote:
[...]

You are a lying sack of ****. I've called literally dozens, probably
over a hundred times at work, at all hours, and have never, ever, even
once waited more than a minute, literally a minute. I have also asked
several people is the same situation as I am in and every one has said
the exact same thing. ou are plainly and simply lying, and you're not
very good at it. Go cry to someone that will believe your bull****, liar.
Old June 2nd 07, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Michel R. Carleer

As you say: if it makes a difference. Here in Belgium, you have to phone
during working hours.
So that if you go past the allowed number of automatic activations... Which
I did because of a failing HDD that I had to send back for repair twice and
which finally never worked properly again.
To be honest, two years later my PC completely broke down (voltage
regulators dead on the MB). I had to replace everything (MB, CPU, RAM, HDDs)
and to my complete surprise, I could automatically activate WXP again from
my genuine XP Pro CD through the net.

Old June 2nd 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Michel R. Carleer

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
They are well in the spirit of the newsgroups which are meant to help people
to solve their problems.
In fact, well in the spirit of your fake e-mail address.

"GTD" wrote in message

Old June 2nd 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GTD[_2_]

Michel R. Carleer wrote:

They are well in the spirit of the newsgroups which are meant to help people
to solve their problems.

Which you seem to feel is done by outright lying.

In fact, well in the spirit of your fake e-mail address.

Don't like it, deal with it. .
Old June 2nd 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Michel R. Carleer

"GTD" wrote in message
Michel R. Carleer wrote:

They are well in the spirit of the newsgroups which are meant to help
people to solve their problems.

Which you seem to feel is done by outright lying.

In fact, well in the spirit of your fake e-mail address.

Don't like it, deal with it. .

What I don't understand is why you insist saying that I lie.
Do you live in Belgium?
Have you ever phoned to MS Belgium?
Outside of the working hours?