Wanted A8R-MVP driver disk can anyone help?

Old March 5th 08, 10:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul[_12_]

Default Wanted A8R-MVP driver disk can anyone help?

had a bad bios flash hoping to recover with EZ-Flash but dont have driver
disk
Old March 5th 08, 03:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
GaryR

Is it the A8R32-MVP Deluxe? If I can copy mine i'd be happy to mail it
to you.

Let me know
GP

Old March 6th 08, 03:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Paul wrote:
Just the plain old vanila type but thanks for offering
Paul

"GaryR" wrote in message
news
Is it the A8R32-MVP Deluxe? If I can copy mine i'd be happy to mail it
to you.

Let me know
GP

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:10:41 -0000, "Paul" wrote:
had a bad bios flash hoping to recover with EZ-Flash but dont have
driver
disk

AFAIK, BIOS recovery looks for a specific file name, sitting
at the root level of the CD. You could just put a BIOS file
on a CD, and that would function as your recovery CD. The
trick, is to make sure the file has the right name.

My motherboard CD, apparently is used for more than one
motherboard box. And at the root level, there are a bunch
of BIOS files, for different motherboards. So if you can
find someone with the right CD, then they'd probably have
a bunch of different BIOS files at the root level. Only
the one file would be important to the flashing tool.

My motherboard is a P4C800-E, and at the root level of
the CD, I see this file. The revision of this is probably
pretty crusty. For some people, their processor may no
longer be recognized, after they flash back to whatever
is on that CD. So it pays to understand what you're getting,
by reaching for the motherboard CD.

P4C800E.rom

Always go to support.asus.com download page for your board,
and click the BIOS tab, and read any warnings about flashing
method. Some methods are known to corrupt the BIOS, so you
want to read all of those warnings, before choosing a flash
method. They may not repeat the same warnings for all the BIOS
releases listed, but the warnings may still be in effect.

There was at least one motherboard, where if the user took
their brand new motherboard, and used the file at the root
level of their motherboard CD, the result was a guaranteed
bricked motherboard. Proving once again, how important
quality control is :-(

Paul

Advice on Disk drives wanted Networking and Web Hosting Homebuilt PC's 3 May 4th 04 09:32 AM
Disk read speed benchmark wanted Mark Fineman Storage (alternative) 1 April 27th 04 11:28 PM
driver wanted Kenneth Printers 1 February 6th 04 08:44 PM
P4C800-E MB Disk Wanted Asus Motherboards 2 December 25th 03 05:13 PM
Wanted: Platinum 650 boot disk TonyG Packard Bell Computers 3 July 29th 03 02:04 PM