PC World Price Match Dixons ;-)

Old September 29th 03, 08:46 PM
John Perry

Default PC World Price Match Dixons ;-)

Don't you love PC World!

Went in there today as I wanted an ink jet CD-Printer and the EPSON
SP900 fitted the bill. I had seen it advertised in the Telegraph at
£99.99 at Dixons, and by mistake I thought I'd seen it in PC World's
Advert.

Anyway, PC World were doing it £30 off at £149.99, as it seems their
normal price was £179.99! I asked for a Dixons price match and no
problem sir, and I got it for £99.99, and a bargain, though I was asked
3 times if I wanted a USB cable, I said no as they cost almost as much
as a printer ;-)

Walked out with a smile as many "cheap" mail order vendors are not
selling them for less than £129.99.

As has been said a few times, there are some bargains to be had their
when we shop wisely!
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old September 29th 03, 09:13 PM
Simon

"John Perry" wrote in message
[...]

PCWorld and Dixons are the same company :-)
(and wasn't the Epson 900 only £75 a couple of weeks ago?)

Old September 29th 03, 09:28 PM
John Perry

"Simon" wrote:

PCWorld and Dixons are the same company :-)
(and wasn't the Epson 900 only £75 a couple of weeks ago?)

I know and same as Curry's ...£75...hey, I knew someone would find it
cheaper.
Old September 29th 03, 09:46 PM
bigbrian

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:46:49 +0100, John Perry
wrote:

Don't you love PC World!

Went in there today as I wanted an ink jet CD-Printer and the EPSON
SP900 fitted the bill. I had seen it advertised in the Telegraph at
£99.99 at Dixons, and by mistake I thought I'd seen it in PC World's
Advert.

Anyway, PC World were doing it £30 off at £149.99, as it seems their
normal price was £179.99! I asked for a Dixons price match and no
problem sir, and I got it for £99.99, and a bargain, though I was asked
3 times if I wanted a USB cable, I said no as they cost almost as much
as a printer ;-)

Walked out with a smile as many "cheap" mail order vendors are not
selling them for less than £129.99.

As has been said a few times, there are some bargains to be had their
when we shop wisely!

Its only £99.99 at the PC World website, and cheaper elsewhere

Brian
Old September 29th 03, 11:01 PM
display.systems

In article , John Perry
writes
Went in there today as I wanted an ink jet CD-Printer and the EPSON
SP900 fitted the bill. I had seen it advertised in the Telegraph at
£99.99 at Dixons, and by mistake I thought I'd seen it in PC World's
Advert.

Hi John )

I bought a few of them for customers when they were £75 and apart from
the CD print feature (which is all I bought my one for) I'm not very
impressed with it.

The quality is OK but it's so slow especially on photo mode and so
clunky!, my Canon i850 runs rings round it (full borderless A4 photo in
2mins 10secs!), even in draft mode the Canon produces usable images on
decent plain paper where as the Epson is totally washed out and must be
set to normal mode which is really slow.

Just glad I didn't pay full price for it )

Kind Regards,

Jeff Davison

Display Systems Consultants UK
Old September 29th 03, 11:55 PM
John Perry

"display.systems" wrote:

In article , John Perry
writes
Went in there today as I wanted an ink jet CD-Printer and the EPSON
SP900 fitted the bill. I had seen it advertised in the Telegraph at
£99.99 at Dixons, and by mistake I thought I'd seen it in PC World's
Advert.

Hi John )

I bought a few of them for customers when they were £75 and apart from
the CD print feature (which is all I bought my one for) I'm not very
impressed with it.

That's the only reason I bought it for :-) as it has had good reviews
for CD printing. For colour printing I use one of my two LJ4500's got
one cheap recently with a duplex unit, jet direct card and second paper
tray...only problem is you need 20 people to lift it.

Now to find some printable CDs, may try the Epson white printable from
BigPockets at £29.99 per 100, unless anyone has any better ideas.

Old September 30th 03, 08:51 AM
lbockhed

wow not dixons group matching their own stores prices

Dixons and PC World are part of the same company, dixons group

Old October 1st 03, 09:30 AM
Bagpuss

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:28:42 +0100, John Perry
wrote:

"Simon" wrote:

PCWorld and Dixons are the same company :-)
(and wasn't the Epson 900 only £75 a couple of weeks ago?)

I know and same as Curry's ...£75...hey, I knew someone would find it
cheaper.

AFAIK You have 7 days to see if you can find a cheaper price so you
could always go back. The local PC World price matches in a 30 mile
radius your local one may be the same. Not bad when a shop about 20
miles away undercuts ebuyer on some stuff.
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not
Old October 9th 03, 08:47 AM
Mike

"John Perry" wrote in message
[...]

You should know better than to think Dixons are cheap.

I have yet to find anything you can't buy cheaper online than from Dixons!