Acer Customer Service

Old January 11th 05, 01:53 PM
Charlie Andrews

Default Acer Customer Service

Hello!

Just a note to ask if my (hopeless) experience with Acer Customer Services
is isolated or common...

At the end of Oct '04, my girlfriend and I bought an T120 through Simply
computers. A couple of weeks later, it started making a funny noise- it
sounds like a resonating fan, as if the processor cooling fan has worked
loose or somehting. Anyway, after some difficulty getting in touch with
their wretched 0870 number (technical fault stopping them even answering!),
we were promised a visit by an engineer.

Two months on, no engineer- many phone calls to Acer, all of which promise
that we should be called with an appointment within a couple of days. But
it never happens. I know that we get what we pay for, and I didn't really
expect fantastic support for this PC if it did go wrong- but I still think
that 2 months is excessive!

We've now sent a triumvirate of letters to Customer Services, Mike Golpin
(head of cust servs, I think), and the head head of UK ops. Hopefully we'll
get some answers now.

Anybody else found themselves int he same boat? Anybody manages to get
through to a useful human (in the UK)?

Cheerio
Charlie

Old March 27th 06, 01:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

I had a problem with an Acer laptop computer purchased from Comet.
Within 2 months, the unit had failed (later diagnosed as hard drive
failure).
It was returned to Acer Customer Support for repair - which took just
over two weeks. They replaced the hard drive, the motherboard and the
LCD screen. (Strangely enough they wouldn't swap the unit - but it
must have been cheaper to do that rather than swap virtually the
entire interior?)
When I got it back - the drive was no longer partitioned. There were
no Windows set up files for restore functionality. The Acer
E-Recovery was not installed. The Arcade DVD player was not
installed, and the microphone no longer worked.
Overall, you could say I was disappointed with the service provided.

Old March 27th 06, 03:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

"Andycambsuk" wrote in message
I had a problem with an Acer laptop computer purchased from Comet.
Within 2 months, the unit had failed (later diagnosed as hard drive
failure).
It was returned to Acer Customer Support for repair - which took just
over two weeks. They replaced the hard drive, the motherboard and the
LCD screen. (Strangely enough they wouldn't swap the unit - but it
must have been cheaper to do that rather than swap virtually the
entire interior?)
When I got it back - the drive was no longer partitioned. There were
no Windows set up files for restore functionality. The Acer
E-Recovery was not installed. The Arcade DVD player was not
installed, and the microphone no longer worked.
Overall, you could say I was disappointed with the service provided.

Same here
I'm still fighting them to get it sorted out

Old March 27th 06, 06:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

Andycambsuk wrote:
I had a problem with an Acer laptop computer purchased from Comet.
Within 2 months, the unit had failed (later diagnosed as hard drive
failure).
It was returned to Acer Customer Support for repair - which took just
over two weeks. They replaced the hard drive, the motherboard and the
LCD screen. (Strangely enough they wouldn't swap the unit - but it
must have been cheaper to do that rather than swap virtually the
entire interior?)
When I got it back - the drive was no longer partitioned. There were
no Windows set up files for restore functionality. The Acer
E-Recovery was not installed. The Arcade DVD player was not
installed, and the microphone no longer worked.
Overall, you could say I was disappointed with the service provided.

You are the lucky one. Mine took 3 months to fix. And the only damage
acer service is recognize is "damaged motherboard" and always needs
replacement, no matter what actually the damage is!

Then after 9 months use it did it again, this time they told my I must
wait 3 to 12 months for fix!

--

/"\
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL

Manolis Christodoulou MD.
http://mobi-doc.com

Old March 28th 06, 03:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

I think you're all doing well ! I can't even get through to "customer
non-interaction". I tried 4 times today and each time was on hold for 20-30
minutes, and was then disconnected. I am trying to get a proper copy of Windows
out of them so I can format the system less ridiculously. I don't mind paying
for the CD and copying, but I'm beginning to think in the end it's going to be
less hassle to simply buy a copy elsewhere.
Old March 28th 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

"Andrew G" wrote in message
. net...
I think you're all doing well ! I can't even get through to "customer
non-interaction". I tried 4 times today and each time was on hold for 20-30
minutes, and was then disconnected. I am trying to get a proper copy of
Windows out of them so I can format the system less ridiculously. I don't
mind paying for the CD and copying, but I'm beginning to think in the end
it's going to be less hassle to simply buy a copy elsewhere.

Same here, they messed the machine up and now can't be bothered to answer
calls or emails.

Old March 29th 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

jappy wrote:
Their lack of customer support is one of the main reasons I'll never
buy Acer again. Had too many headaches and BS from them in the
past. Never again.

DITTO. Plus one more reason, I want working, not crashing/burning mashines.

--

/"\

Old November 19th 06, 04:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Freddie Clark

Move to Thailand.
I took my aspire 2020 in for keyboard problems and it was fixed in one hour.
They generally advertise a 2 hour turnaround here.

regards
Freddie

Old January 12th 07, 05:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
jappy

A Keyboard isn't something hard to change or troubleshoot.
Move to Thailand?? Bring bottled water Krub!

jappy wrote:
Their lack of customer support is one of the main reasons I'll never
buy Acer again. Had too many headaches and BS from them in the
past. Never again.

DITTO. Plus one more reason, I want working, not crashing/burning
mashines.

--

/"\
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
X - AGAINST M$ ATTACHMENTS
/ \

Manolis Christodoulou MD.
http://mobi-doc.com

Aopen video cards - customer service Ted Michelini Nvidia Videocards 3 September 22nd 04 09:09 PM
dvd burner.. which one? db General 8 June 27th 04 07:47 PM
LITEON's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Homebuilt PC's 49 April 15th 04 04:41 AM
Lite-On's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Cdr 11 January 25th 04 04:54 PM
ATI Customer Service sucks John Capriotti Ati Videocards 17 November 25th 03 10:28 AM