ATI customer service, does it exist?

Old January 16th 04, 04:22 AM
August Pamplona

Default ATI customer service, does it exist?

Is there any way to actually correspond with any human at ATI
customer support (rather than getting automated e-mail responses)?

I have an ATI AIW Radeon 7500 AGP video card which one day (about
one year and one month after purchase) simply became unable to produce a
picture (no POST or anything --my first thought was that my monitor quit
but my old PCI S3 VirgeDX card works just fine on the same monitor).

Other than trying to see if there's anything I should do before
returning to ATI for service, I would love to verify whether or not this
part is under warranty coverage (everything I've been able to find about
this on the ATI web site suggests that the coverage is at least 3 years
but my record from where I bought it online claims only one year of
coverage --in the latter case I would have missed coverage by about a
month at the time of failure).

TIA,
August Pamplona
--
The waterfall in Java is not wet.
- omegazero2003 on m.f.w.

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20 Eater of smut
To email replace 'necatoramericanusancylostomaduodenale' with
'cosmicaug'

Old January 16th 04, 06:29 AM
Gordon Scott

August Pamplona wrote:

[...]

if you never reply to the automated response, you'll never get a reply.
I send them a copy of it immediately, asking whats up.
A peeve of mine is that they never include the original complaint
contents in the reply, so if you have 4 different issues the traking
number alone doesnt help.
Old January 17th 04, 05:36 AM
August Pamplona

"Gordon Scott" wrote in message
August Pamplona wrote:

[...]

I received a reply to an rma request which was automated. Since the
form for the r.m.a. request had a space to describe the problem, etc.
(which I used to to do so and ask for the clarification on the
warranty), I just assumed that someone would be reading it on the other
end (but I obviously assumed wrong). This reply was an address starting
with "support" to which I replied with pretty much the same original
message. The apparent reply to this was an obviously automated response
from "autoreply"+'at sign'+"ati.com" (munged as a courtesy --even though
it's an obviously unmonitored address) informing me that their online
support has been modified (translation: the address to which I sent my
http://www.ati.com/support. I visit http://www.ati.com/support and fill
out a form and I get another automated reply "autoreply"+'at
sign'+"ati.com" telling me, because I put warranty service as my issue
(it's the closest category offered), to go check out the r.m.a. page
(which wasn't particularly helpful because: A- I had already done that
and B- it's still not getting me to talk with anybody at ATI).

A peeve of mine is that they never include the original complaint
contents in the reply, so if you have 4 different issues the traking
number alone doesnt help.

Tracking number? I must be doing something wrong because I didn't
get one of those. I did get an r.m.a. # but I don't want to actually
send this video card in for service until I actually communicate with
someone at ATI other than an autoresponder. Is this so odd?

August Pamplona

Old January 17th 04, 11:34 PM
srewbigbrother

No.

Old January 19th 04, 09:54 PM
August Pamplona

In ,
srewbigbrother typed:
No.

Concise.

August Pamplona
--
The waterfall in Java is not wet.
- omegazero2003 on m.f.w.

a.a. # 1811 apatriot #20 Eater of smut
To email replace 'necatoramericanusancylostomaduodenale' with
'cosmicaug'

Aopen video cards - customer service Ted Michelini Homebuilt PC's 0 September 21st 04 06:17 PM
dvd burner.. which one? db General 8 June 27th 04 07:47 PM
LITEON's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Homebuilt PC's 49 April 15th 04 04:41 AM
Lite-On's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Cdr 11 January 25th 04 04:54 PM
ATI Customer Service sucks John Capriotti Ati Videocards 17 November 25th 03 10:28 AM