Empty 'cable standard' dropdown list in MMC7.7 :(

Old August 13th 03, 10:18 PM
Paul Speller

Default Empty 'cable standard' dropdown list in MMC7.7 :(

I'm having a really weird problem with Multimedia Center 7.7 on my ATI
All-In-Wonder 128 Pro.

I could quite happily use it a few weeks ago, but today I just switched
from Composite to Tuner for the first time in quite a while to discover
that no channels were tuned in any more and, worse still, there was no
way to tune any in!

The reason for this was that the dropdown list where you choose your
cable standard - I think mine (UK) is PAL-I, US is NTSC, etc. - is
completely empty! There isn't a single entry in it. And without choosing
this it won't scan for channels.

Now the situation is even worse, however. I tried a Repair on the
application installer, without any success, so then I tried uninstalling
the ATI MMC completely, including any custom settings I had, so I could
be sure of starting afresh and getting it working, or so I thought. I
re-installed it after a reboot, then rebooted again. When I ran it after
that, up came the initialisation wizard, but still there was nothing in
the cable standard dropdown. And TV won't run without first completing
this wizard, so now I can't even use my composite input to watch TV from
my digibox like I normally do!

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Does anyone have any suggestions
of things I could try to fix it?

Thanks,

Paul Speller
UK
Old August 13th 03, 10:29 PM
Laurence Wilmer

"Paul Speller" wrote in message
news
[...]

Have you perhaps "up"-graded to DX9b?
Laurence

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
Boot problem *Vanguard* General 8 February 29th 04 07:53 AM
Split Cable Modem Line For TV Tuner? *Vanguard* General 3 November 24th 03 12:14 AM
cutting psu wires Pen General 4 July 27th 03 07:49 PM