A7N8X-E Deluxe - Where to get PC3200 RAM on ASUS tested list

Old January 14th 05, 06:12 AM
Lou

Thanks, Matt. It is good to know the Crucial RAM is running well for
you.

Louis

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:31:45 -0000, "Matt"
wrote:

I am using :-

2*256 MB DDR400 (PC3200) Crucial
1*512 MB DDR400 (PC3200) Crucial

in dual channel mode and overclocked to 210Mhz without any problems on my
AN78X-E Dlx with my Barton XP3200+

Matt

Oh and I had to set RAM timings to SPD in the BIOS which reports 9,4,4,4,3T.

If I run RAM at 200Mhz then BIOS reads 8,3,3,3,2.5T

Matt

Old January 14th 05, 06:22 PM
Matt

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "Matt"
wrote:

I am using :-

2*256 MB DDR400 (PC3200) Crucial
1*512 MB DDR400 (PC3200) Crucial

in dual channel mode and overclocked to 210Mhz without any problems on
my
AN78X-E Dlx with my Barton XP3200+

Matt

Oh and I had to set RAM timings to SPD in the BIOS which reports
9,4,4,4,3T.

If I run RAM at 200Mhz then BIOS reads 8,3,3,3,2.5T

Matt

Would that be 8,3,3,3T at 200MHz ? I thought that is what vanilla
PC3200 Crucial runs at.

Yeah sorry my mistake. At 200Mhz it is indeed 3T (CAS 3)

It is good to hear of at least one report of a CAS3 memory
working in dual channel on the Nforce2. Louis can sleep
easy tonight :-)

I'm curious. Have you tested with Prime95 (mersenne.org) ?
I'd like to know if it passes Prime95 or not. My first
(generic, cheap) memory passed memtest86, but failed Prime95
after less than an hour of testing.

To be honest I haven't run any tests when overclocked, just thin WinXP Pro
is very stable. If I clock any higher then I keep getting lockups and blue
screens. Looking to get some Balistix memory from Crucial which should
overclock higher.

Matt

Old January 14th 05, 06:25 PM
Matt

The Prime95 test I was running earlier today didn't have
any errors, using a memory setting of 120%, and a CPU clock
of 166MHs, so running sync doesn't seem to be an absolute
requirement for dual channel. (I normally run at 100% and
200Mhz clock, so won't be leaving it that way.)

Paul

I have read that Nforce2 really doesn't like being run out of sync between
RAM and CPU, whether dual channel or not. It runs more stable when both are
in sync, i.e. 100%

Matt