Does Intel P4 2.4GHz 800 fsb HT work with Asus P4PE???

Old May 5th 04, 02:21 PM
Markku Lahtinen

Default Does Intel P4 2.4GHz 800 fsb HT work with Asus P4PE???

Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
it work at all .

Make

Old May 5th 04, 07:31 PM
Paul

In article , Markku Lahtinen
wrote:

Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
it work at all .

Make

Enter "P4PE" he
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusu...pusupport.aspx

There are many kinds of processors. Look on this page
for Pentium 4:
http://processorfinder.intel.com/

All these will work. The 2.4C will run with one stick of
PC3200 (DDR400) ram.

2.4/400, 2.4/533, 2.4/800 (also known popularly as 2.4C)

This one might not work. Hard to say for sure.

2.4A/533 1MB cache 90nm (Prescott)

This Asus news item lists "Prescott Ready" motherboards:

http://www.asus.com/news/2004/20040202.htm

If you bought a 2.4/800 512KB cache 0.13u processor, then
it will work, assuming the correct version of BIOS is used.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/fsb800.aspx

HTH,
Paul
Old May 5th 04, 11:27 PM
DaveW

No. The maximum FSB speed of the P4PE is 533 MHz. Your CPU requires an 800
MHz FSB. Won't work.

--
DaveW

Old May 6th 04, 04:36 PM
sister

On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:21:52 GMT, Markku Lahtinen
wrote:

Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
it work at all .

Make

it works with a bios update and one stick of ddr400 sdram...

I have tried it and it works, but I had some problems with crackling
sound through onboard sound or add-on sound card so I believe there is
some part that cannot handle the extra fsb. The effect seems to be
noise through the pci bus...

good luck...

ñíñjà¤têç

---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
Old May 7th 04, 09:29 PM
Christian Merkle

DaveW wrote:
No. The maximum FSB speed of the P4PE is 533 MHz.

Wrong! FSB800 is working (with limitations).

http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/fsb800.aspx

Christian

--
Petra!