A7N8X-E memory issues...?

Old April 8th 04, 08:47 PM
Jerry T. Cerny

Default A7N8X-E memory issues...?

does anyone know of any problems with the A1 and A2 mem slots? I was
running only on B1. When I put my new mem in either A slot; I did not get
past POST. I am using Corsair XMS 512 MB memory. One other note, the new
1010 Bios does not work correctly on my computer. It will get to the Win
flash screen and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jer

Old April 8th 04, 11:47 PM
magomerlino

"Jerry T. Cerny" ha scritto nel messaggio
m...
does anyone know of any problems with the A1 and A2 mem slots? I was
running only on B1. When I put my new mem in either A slot; I did not get
past POST. I am using Corsair XMS 512 MB memory. One other note, the new
1010 Bios does not work correctly on my computer. It will get to the Win
flash screen and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jer

yes, i have a problem whit the bios 1010 and A7N8X,ddr 3200 slot1 and

slot3 for dual band, no work,blu screen and reboot. return to bios 1008
,all ok.
sorry for my english language,i dont speak.

Old April 9th 04, 04:21 AM
Ken Maltby

"magomerlino" wrote in message
.. .

"Jerry T. Cerny" ha scritto nel messaggio
m...
does anyone know of any problems with the A1 and A2 mem slots? I was
running only on B1. When I put my new mem in either A slot; I did not

get
past POST. I am using Corsair XMS 512 MB memory. One other note, the

new
1010 Bios does not work correctly on my computer. It will get to the

Win
flash screen and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jer

yes, i have a problem whit the bios 1010 and A7N8X,ddr 3200 slot1

and
slot3 for dual band, no work,blu screen and reboot. return to bios 1008
,all ok.
sorry for my english language,i dont speak.

I have an A7N8X-E w/1008 and am having the same problem.
When I clear the CMOS, on initial start the BIOS sees both sticks.
On the next boot with any stick in A1 or A2 it will hang the sys on
the memory check at 1024. I got an OCZ 512 and it is working in
B1 but seems none too stable.

I haven't tried the 1010 bios yet, hope I have better luck.

Luck;
Ken

Old April 9th 04, 10:02 AM
Ken Maltby

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I am running the 1010 bios now and it seems the same except I
had to use the "+" key to adjust it to "User Defined" so I could
lower the cas from 2 to 2.5. Still no A1 or A2 .

My board is a refurbished 1.01 revision board that is read as a
"2.xx" board by wcpuid. The northbridge looks brand new, too.
I'm wondering if your A7N8X-E is a refurbished board also?

Luck;
Ken