My AQXEA Barton 2500+ @ 2.2GHz (NF7-S v2.0)

Old September 22nd 03, 02:42 PM
Chris C

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
"Ultra" wrote in message
running my 2500+ on NF7-S 2.0 at 215x11 at 1.9v, Prime95 ran for 38
hours with a max temp of about 47C with a Delta fan (maxed, have fan
on a radioshack pot) and MC462 heatsink.

Old September 22nd 03, 05:52 PM
Ultra

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:42:54 +0100, "Chris C"
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
"Ultra" wrote in message
.. .
running my 2500+ on NF7-S 2.0 at 215x11 at 1.9v, Prime95 ran for 38
hours with a max temp of about 47C with a Delta fan (maxed, have fan
on a radioshack pot) and MC462 heatsink.

Well Chris, my room temp is usually around 73F or about 23C. Forgot
to say that Prime95 ran for 38 hours, until I stopped it. As for the
CPU temp that was internal, onboard temp probe, read with MBM5.

Old September 23rd 03, 08:45 AM
Chris C

Hi again ultra, I was interested because I can't get my CPU temp much below
50c, with no loading. My room temp is around 26c, the CPU temp is at present
49c, measured by temp2 with CPUcool. My motherboard temp is 31c, however
temp3 says 14c, whatever that is. I have used the stock fan, Zalman6000 and
now cooler master7+. My case is a Lian Li65 and I have four fans in
it.......
Chris
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
.. .

Old September 23rd 03, 09:34 AM
Ultra

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:45:21 +0100, "Chris C"
wrote:

Hi again ultra, I was interested because I can't get my CPU temp much below
50c, with no loading. My room temp is around 26c, the CPU temp is at present
49c, measured by temp2 with CPUcool. My motherboard temp is 31c, however
temp3 says 14c, whatever that is. I have used the stock fan, Zalman6000 and
now cooler master7+. My case is a Lian Li65 and I have four fans in
it.......
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
"Ultra" wrote in message
.. .
running my 2500+ on NF7-S 2.0 at 215x11 at 1.9v, Prime95 ran for 38
hours with a max temp of about 47C with a Delta fan (maxed, have fan
on a radioshack pot) and MC462 heatsink.

Well Chris, my room temp is usually around 73F or about 23C. Forgot
to say that Prime95 ran for 38 hours, until I stopped it. As for the
CPU temp that was internal, onboard temp probe, read with MBM5.

Well, my case temp with max load gets to about 80F or about 27C with
the CPU getting to 116F or about 47C with room temp of 73F or about
23C. I have an ENERMAX CS-56881 with 5 case fans, a 120mm and 2 80mm
fans blowing in 120 in front bottom and an 80 in the side panel with
another 80 in top. With 2 80mm in the back for exhaust, along with
the power supply fan exhaust.

I am not sure if any of your BIOS settings would make a difference in
what your CPU temp would be at idle, does it go up much under load?
Setting like CPU throttle and CPU detach, may not be exact wording
used, thats if its the NF7-S v2.0 bios.

I assume you have 2 fans blowing in and 3 blowing out (including the
powersupply fan)? What are their locations. How many CFM does the
Cooler Master7+ push? You mean the Aero 7+? If so the fan pushes
about 20CFM, least thats what the Cooler Master webpage says. It
seems like a descent cooler, considering its rated for an XP3200+.

The MC462 is a pretty heavy heatsink, it weighs about 560g with a
solid copper base and the Delta fan I use, isn't as powerful as the
Tornado fans, but close with about 80CFM at 5700RPM(very loud high
pitched fan - a reason why I have it on a radioshack rheoshat)
Old September 23rd 03, 04:30 PM
Chris C

Hi, yes it is a Aero, and I have a total of seven fans if you include the
video card and the PSU. The case ones push and pull, as you say, my temps go
up to 55C under load. I'm using a A7V8X motherboard running at 167*11 with
the setting of Vcore to auto. mem setting are at turbo. I am beginning to
think that its just the ambient temp causing the problem.
Many thanks
Chris
wrote:

Hi again ultra, I was interested because I can't get my CPU temp much

below
50c, with no loading. My room temp is around 26c, the CPU temp is at

present
49c, measured by temp2 with CPUcool. My motherboard temp is 31c, however
temp3 says 14c, whatever that is. I have used the stock fan, Zalman6000

and
now cooler master7+. My case is a Lian Li65 and I have four fans in
it.......
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the

internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
.. .

Old September 23rd 03, 05:37 PM
Ultra

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:30:42 +0100, "Chris C"
wrote:

Hi, yes it is a Aero, and I have a total of seven fans if you include the
video card and the PSU. The case ones push and pull, as you say, my temps go
up to 55C under load. I'm using a A7V8X motherboard running at 167*11 with
the setting of Vcore to auto. mem setting are at turbo. I am beginning to
think that its just the ambient temp causing the problem.
Many thanks
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi again ultra, I was interested because I can't get my CPU temp much

below
50c, with no loading. My room temp is around 26c, the CPU temp is at

present
49c, measured by temp2 with CPUcool. My motherboard temp is 31c, however
temp3 says 14c, whatever that is. I have used the stock fan, Zalman6000

and
now cooler master7+. My case is a Lian Li65 and I have four fans in
it.......
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the

internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
"Ultra" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yep, that is what I was going to say, there isn't much of a different
between your idle and load temps, so I would say that your room temp
is probally the cause along with the fan your using. You could
probally drop your temp by maybe 5C more or less with a screamer fan.

What does the case temp get up to on load? I guess considering if the
air around the CPU is warmer, the CPU temp would be warmer too, unless
it had a fresh air intake, where it would just be blowing its hot air
into the case and then receiving fresh air from outside the case.

Where is the computer located in the house/apartment, what country are
you in?
Old September 24th 03, 01:56 PM
Chris C

Hi, I actually live in the UK, on the South East Coast and recently the air
temps have been around 25C, however this is a hot little room even when I
have open a window. I guess our theory about ambient temp is correct as it
is now 17C and my idle temps are 29C, for the board, and 45C for the CPU.
Under load they are 30C and 49C respectively so I guess the says my case
cooling is working ok?
Chris
wrote:

Hi, yes it is a Aero, and I have a total of seven fans if you include the
video card and the PSU. The case ones push and pull, as you say, my temps

go
up to 55C under load. I'm using a A7V8X motherboard running at 167*11

with
the setting of Vcore to auto. mem setting are at turbo. I am beginning to
think that its just the ambient temp causing the problem.
Many thanks
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi again ultra, I was interested because I can't get my CPU temp much

below
50c, with no loading. My room temp is around 26c, the CPU temp is at

present
49c, measured by temp2 with CPUcool. My motherboard temp is 31c,

however
temp3 says 14c, whatever that is. I have used the stock fan,

Zalman6000
and
now cooler master7+. My case is a Lian Li65 and I have four fans in
it.......
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the

internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
.. .

Old September 24th 03, 08:05 PM
Ultra

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:56:08 +0100, "Chris C"
wrote:

Hi, I actually live in the UK, on the South East Coast and recently the air
temps have been around 25C, however this is a hot little room even when I
have open a window. I guess our theory about ambient temp is correct as it
is now 17C and my idle temps are 29C, for the board, and 45C for the CPU.
Under load they are 30C and 49C respectively so I guess the says my case
cooling is working ok?
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi, yes it is a Aero, and I have a total of seven fans if you include the
video card and the PSU. The case ones push and pull, as you say, my temps

go
up to 55C under load. I'm using a A7V8X motherboard running at 167*11

with
the setting of Vcore to auto. mem setting are at turbo. I am beginning to
think that its just the ambient temp causing the problem.
Many thanks
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi again ultra, I was interested because I can't get my CPU temp much
below
50c, with no loading. My room temp is around 26c, the CPU temp is at
present
49c, measured by temp2 with CPUcool. My motherboard temp is 31c,

however
temp3 says 14c, whatever that is. I have used the stock fan,

Zalman6000
and
now cooler master7+. My case is a Lian Li65 and I have four fans in
it.......
Chris
.. .
wrote:

Hi Ultra, what was your room temp and was the reading from the
internal
probe or the external diode?
Chris
"Ultra" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yep, I would say your cooling is fine, its the room/ambient temps that
are really effecting your case/CPU temps the most. I know air
conditioning is very uncommon in the UK. So I guess you just have to
deal with the temps you get and wait for the cooler months to come
around. Unless you wanted to buy an air conditioner for that room in
particular, or you could always goto a water cooling setup where the
room temp would have little effect on your cooling setup.
Old September 24th 03, 10:13 PM
Ben Pope

Ultra wrote:
you could always goto a water cooling setup where the
room temp would have little effect on your cooling setup.

Really? I thought the cooling of the water was primary through a
radiator... which is cooled from the air in the room.

Ben

Old September 25th 03, 02:08 PM
Ultra

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:13:52 +0100, "Ben Pope"
wrote:

Ultra wrote:
you could always goto a water cooling setup where the
room temp would have little effect on your cooling setup.

Really? I thought the cooling of the water was primary through a
radiator... which is cooled from the air in the room.

Ben

True, but I would assume that air temp would effect the water temp
less than it would effect the air temp directly in an air cooled
setup. Plus with a radiator you could have the freedom of using a
larger 120mm fan, maybe even 2 120mm fans with a higher CFM and lower
noise. All I am saying is that the air temp would effect the water
cooled setup less than it would effect the air cooled setup. Even
though the air is being used to remove heat from water via the
radiator. Probally moreso if the radiator itself was outside the
case.