Will a 2500 Barton run and OC on a Turbo 2 v5, if so how?

Old September 1st 03, 12:56 PM
KG

Default Will a 2500 Barton run and OC on a Turbo 2 v5, if so how?

Will a 2500 Barton, AMD model 10, run on a MSI Turbo2, v5 motherboard at 133 FSB, Being
the Barton is set at 333 FSB = 166 MB setting, how may it be set to run at 133? The BIOS
is now at 3.6 so the mb supports the 2600, with a max multiplier of 15 without going to
the OC BIOS. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.
*****************

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kcgillmo in the reply to address.

Old September 1st 03, 03:26 PM
rstlne

"KG" wrote in message
Will a 2500 Barton, AMD model 10, run on a MSI Turbo2, v5 motherboard at

133 FSB, Being
the Barton is set at 333 FSB = 166 MB setting, how may it be set to run at

133? The BIOS
is now at 3.6 so the mb supports the 2600, with a max multiplier of 15

without going to
the OC BIOS. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.
*****************

2500+ = 1833 mhz
166.66 * 11
so 133.33 * 14 for 1866 mhz
maybee

Old September 1st 03, 06:53 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 07:56:57 -0400, KG wrote:

Will a 2500 Barton, AMD model 10, run on a MSI Turbo2, v5 motherboard at
133 FSB, Being the Barton is set at 333 FSB = 166 MB setting, how may
it be set to run at 133? The BIOS is now at 3.6 so the mb supports the
2600, with a max multiplier of 15 without going to the OC BIOS. Any
information or suggestions would be appreciated. *****************

If it has a FSB of at least 50MHz then it will run it. See link below for
more info.

Old September 1st 03, 10:01 PM
Peter van der Goes

"rstlne" wrote in message

"KG" wrote in message

2500+ = 1833 mhz
166.66 * 11
so 133.33 * 14 for 1866 mhz
maybee

No maybe about it, IME.
The 2500+ (I have three, one at 12.5x166 for 2075MHz and two at 200x11 for
2200MHz) will easily run at 2100 - 2200 MHz without added voltage.
The OP should have no trouble at all with 133x15 for 1995MHz, if he is
correct about support for the 15 multiplier.

Old September 2nd 03, 02:54 PM
KG

Is this on a MSI Turbo 2 v5? If so how due you set the fsb to 166? The only fsb support
I see in the Bios is for 100 & 133, you can set it by sight to 166 but the mb then over
clocks the memory and PCI busses to high. I see no setting for the divider.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:26:51 +0100, "rstlne" wrote:

.. .

Old September 2nd 03, 02:54 PM
KG

The question is does anyone have a MSI Turbo 2 v5 running a 2500 or above 166 fsb Barton.
The mb shows support for XP 2600 but not the 166 fsb Barton on the MSI site.

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:01:25 GMT, "Peter van der Goes"

Old September 2nd 03, 03:05 PM
rstlne

"KG" wrote in message
Is this on a MSI Turbo 2 v5? If so how due you set the fsb to 166? The

only fsb support
I see in the Bios is for 100 & 133, you can set it by sight to 166 but the

mb then over
clocks the memory and PCI busses to high. I see no setting for the

divider.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:26:51 +0100, "rstlne" wrote:

You dont set it to 166
you leave it at 133 and set your multiplier * 14
133.33 *14 = 1866
basically the 166.66 chips are rated to run from 50 to 166.66 fsb, so your
mobo has a 133 fsb and it SHOULD just work (no mods needed).. I am not going
to offer you a money back clause on this BUT.. I have a msi board that I
sent back for repair and msi quote a minimum of 4 weeks turnaround time.. I
have a 1800+ and 1700+ (133mhz fsb chips) and the msi board is 100mhz fsb so
when I get that back i'll say if it does work or if it doesnt..

if you look at wes's webpage you'll see where he's running in a situation
VERRY similar to what you want to do
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html I think

Old September 2nd 03, 03:06 PM
Peter van der Goes

"KG" wrote in message
The question is does anyone have a MSI Turbo 2 v5 running a 2500 or above

166 fsb Barton.
The mb shows support for XP 2600 but not the 166 fsb Barton on the MSI

site.

Set you multiplier to 13, 14 or 15 and the FSB to 133. The CPU will be run
at the selected FSB and multiplier, overriding the defaults. Just as I am
able to run a 2500+ at 200x11, overriding the CPU defaults.

Old September 2nd 03, 07:55 PM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:54:14 -0400, KG wrote:

The question is does anyone have a MSI Turbo 2 v5 running a 2500 or
above 166 fsb Barton. The mb shows support for XP 2600 but not the 166
fsb Barton on the MSI site.

There may be 10 or less people here that use that board. I'd guess that
out of the thousands sold, there's probably someone using a 2500+ barton
in it. Than again, maybe not. What difference does it make. You can be the
first. if your board doesn't support a 166MHz FSB run it at 133MHz or even
100Mhz. Just change the multiplier to achieve the core speed that you
want. 11x133, 12.5x133, 12.5x145, 17x133, 20x100, 22x100, 24x100. Whatever
floats your boat.

Old September 3rd 03, 02:05 AM
neopolaris

There isn't a divider for it.

KT3 Ultra XP2500+ Barton 256MB PC2700
KT3 Ultra ARU XP1700+ TBRED B 512MB PC2700
KT3 Ultra ARU XP1700+ TBRED B 256MB PC2700
K7T Turbo2 XP1800+ Palamino 384MB PC133
AD11 XP1700+ TBRED B 512MB PC2100
P5A K6-III 400 96MB PC100
P5A-B K6-III 400 192MB PC100