A7N8X-E Deluxe - Where to get PC3200 RAM on ASUS tested list

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 05, 06:44 AM
Lou

Default A7N8X-E Deluxe - Where to get PC3200 RAM on ASUS tested list

I'm building a new PC with an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and an Athlon XP
2800+ (Barton). I want to install two 512MB PC3200 modules to run in
dual channel mode at 200MHz. (or maybe 166 MHz. to match the bus
frequency - I think I've read that with the Atholn XP, synchronous at
the lower speed is actually faster).

The problem is that I just can't find memory with the exact same part
number as listed on the ASUS web site as having been tested. (I can't
find a list for the -E Deluxe but there is one for the A7N8X Deluxe
and I assume they are the same memory-wise).

www.newegg.com has a two module kit (2 X 512) of TWINMOS for $140 and
TWINMOS is on the list, but with no specific part number.

www.ms4me.com has a two module kit (2 X 512) of Samsung memory for
about $150 and htey have a 100% positive feedback rating on PriceWatch
but they don't show the manufacturers full part number either.

Has anybody here used either of these memories on an A7N8X / A7N8X-E
Deluxe or have anyother advice for me.

I appreciate it.

Louis