Is BenQ the same company as Acer?

Old October 27th 04, 10:04 AM
mailed

Default Is BenQ the same company as Acer?

Is BenQ the same company as Acer? I did a search on 'BenQ'
at Pricewatch. It turns up many 'Acer BenQ'.

BenQ is said to be a good LCD monitor brand. It looks it is
sold through online stores only. I'll be a fool if I don't
see it for myself before buying one. Does anybody know any
local stores carry it? I'm in New York City.
Old October 27th 04, 02:38 PM
Jerry G.

Here in Montreal, and also in many cities in Canada, you can buy BenQ at the
major stores. It is considered very good for the price. I found the
performance of it to look as good as many others at higher prices. When
looking at the price, if you get past the warranty period with it, you got
your money's worth.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

Old October 27th 04, 03:16 PM
Skeleton Man

Is BenQ the same company as Acer? I did a search on 'BenQ'
at Pricewatch. It turns up many 'Acer BenQ'.

Yes, it's part of Acer.. I believe they sell lower priced items under BenQ,
and the more expensive stuff under Acer.
Very good brand in my experience.

Regards,
Chris

Old October 27th 04, 07:28 PM
Rusty

"mailed" wrote in message
Is BenQ the same company as Acer? I did a search on 'BenQ'
at Pricewatch. It turns up many 'Acer BenQ'.

BenQ is said to be a good LCD monitor brand. It looks it is
sold through online stores only. I'll be a fool if I don't
see it for myself before buying one. Does anybody know any
local stores carry it? I'm in New York City.

BenQ bought out Acer a few years ago and they are the same company. BenQ is
slowly phasing out the Acer product line. If you buy a Acer product check
and see if BenQ will support that product because some of the older Acer
product lines are no longer supported by BenQ including the three year
warranties. I found this out the hard way. I currently own two Acer CD-RW
and a Acer 52x CD Rom and they have out lasted my Lite-on drives by about a
year. My two Acer CD-RW drive had a three year warranty, which is longer
covered by BenQ. Most of the BenQ products only carry a one year warranty.
I live in Texas sorry can't help you with New York.

Acer TravelMate 291 LMi-G with DVD +/- RW Acer General 0 July 30th 04 11:40 PM
BENQ 8x dvd burners better than Liteons? [email protected] General 0 April 30th 04 03:53 AM
BenQ FP767 teddee General 1 October 7th 03 07:13 PM
Benq monitor driver not XP approved? Bill General 1 September 16th 03 09:01 PM
Benq FP557S 15" TFT waj787 General 0 August 12th 03 03:11 AM