good Ink gone bad

Old April 26th 09, 08:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

Default good Ink gone bad

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 09:12:22 -0400, TJ wrote in
:

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:41:39 -0400, TJ wrote in
:

John McWilliams wrote:
Frank wrote:

You really don't quite seem to get it, "Frank".
Replying in any manner puts you at the same level.

Worse, IMHO. I have "Frank" killfiled, because he never has anything
constructive to say. Measekite is not, because every once in a great
while he says something that's worth something.

Cite the last two occasions, please.

It's been a while in this newsgroup, to be sure. I really can't remember
how long it's been, but it HAS happened. Seems like the last time it had
something to do with Linux vs. Windows. Perhaps I think it was worth
something because that time I happened to agree with him.

Notice I said, "in a great while." The advocacy of OEM ink is a valid
pursuit here - even if his methods are objectionable. Frank and his many
personae, on the other hand, once had something to contribute, but now
all he ever does is respond to anything Measekite posts in a moronic
fashion. He's much more pathetic than Measekite, and that's pretty darn
pathetic.

The last two times I saw something of value from Measekite have been in
the newsgroup pertaining to The Gimp, an open-source image manipulation
program. I don't feel like looking them up for specific citations, so I
won't. I do remember he was advocating better printing modules for the
program, particularly, of course, for his beloved Canon printers. Also a
valid pursuit, as open-source support by many printer manufacturers is
downright dismal.

I didn't think you could.

--
- Nicolaas
Old April 26th 09, 10:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"IntergalacticExpandingPanda"
wrote in message
On Apr 25, 8:27 pm, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

Cite the last two occasions, please.

I can cite one.

DSL vs fixed lens, suggesting that Panasonic offered one of the better
fixed lens solutions, which was actually a reasonable statement as
they do some with Leica glass.

Frank, I can't think of the last time frank said anything useful. I
like others think Frank = Measekete.

Matters not. Even a blind pig finds an occasional acorn.

NeverNeverLand suits them both. Now if I could only find a way to block
those that quote either ...

Old April 27th 09, 02:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

John McWilliams wrote:
Frank wrote:

[...]

Sigh. OK, I went looking. Here is one, dated March 22, 2009, in answer
to a question a Gimp (XP) user had about not being able to print. Notice
that he makes a suggestion to try to help...

measekite

Had the same problem but never tried to solve it since I mostly use Linux.

But Gimp on all OSs does have issues with printing and that is Gimp's
achilles heal.

You might want to download and install Gutenprint and use the gutenprint
drivers. That may work but there may be other issues with paper sizes there
also. I am not sure but it is at least something else to try.
_____

And from January 8, 2009 in a photography forum, where he initiates a
discussion on a Nikon lens...

on the Nikon 18-200 VR DX lens.

Basically they noted that the lens is an ok lens but it is not as good as
other Nikons optically. They also noted lens creep when held vertically
either up or down and they further noted that this does not occur on
other Nikon lenses.

I have read other reviews on this lens where the summary results is that
the lens comes in optically as fair. These reviews also noted that the
new Canon counterpart is about the same and not the greatest.

However Ken Rockwell claims that the lens is optically real good and he
prefers that lens on his DX cameras over any other. He claims that he
tested it and optically is matches well against the 16x85mm. He says the
lens is so flexible that maybe the only other lense one would need is a
wide angle zoom and a macro like the 1055mm micro.

My question to you readers is have any of you who own or used this lens
compared the results both on a monitor and in print (12x18 or larger) it to
other Nikon or even Canon lenses of various zoom ranges?

He CAN post things other than drivel, if he feels like it. Kinda like
most of us.

TJ