ATI and nVidia video card class comparisons

Old July 22nd 03, 04:20 PM
Jethro[AGHL]

Default ATI and nVidia video card class comparisons

Does anyone have or can list the type of cards from each manufacture in
a comparison type list?
I was just wondering about ATI cards and which nVidia cards they are
close to.
I know\own nVidia stuff so was wondering which class of cards match up
to ATI's stuff.
Kinda like this
GF3 Ti-200 = ATI 8500?
GF4 4200 = ATI ????

Just trying to compare prices to see how they would compare with similar
performance.

Thanks
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Phat Clan: http://phats.clanpages.com
Old July 22nd 03, 06:52 PM
Jethro[AGHL]

Mario Kadastik wrote:

You might try Tom's hardware guides VGA card buyer's guide
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030714/index.html

Seems like a good overview of the market.

Mario

Thanks Mario.
A pretty good listing though it shows cards listed by price:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/..._guide-02.html

I was kinda hoping for a quick and dirty list of comparable video cards
based on performance so I can check pricing depending on how eack
manufactures product rate to each other.

Thanks.

Old July 23rd 03, 10:10 AM
Darthy

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:52:45 -0400, "Jethro[AGHL]" wrote:

Mario Kadastik wrote:

You might try Tom's hardware guides VGA card buyer's guide
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030714/index.html

Seems like a good overview of the market.

Mario

Thanks Mario.
A pretty good listing though it shows cards listed by price:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/..._guide-02.html

I was kinda hoping for a quick and dirty list of comparable video cards
based on performance so I can check pricing depending on how eack
manufactures product rate to each other.

Uh.... he did... gave you a lot as I have been posting this link
around too...

IT shows performance comparisions quite well, this is a 80+ page video
card review.

There are 3 ranges.

High end $350~500 (Dont waste money on ANY 256mb video card)

MID-RANGE ; $175~250 (Again, 128mb only - ATi9600 - GF 5600)

Low-Range : $70~125

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old July 23rd 03, 03:40 PM
Jethro[AGHL]

Mario Kadastik wrote:

[...]

Sorry you are correct. I was originally asking about performance
comparisons without any pricing as the US pricing means nothing here in
Canada as I'd have to buy locally.
But this chart
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/vgacharts-02.html was
what I was looking for.
A nice mix to show who sits where in the ranking and I can then see
whats above my GF3 Ti-200 from either nVidia or ATI.
Thx